IGNORED

Official website in change shock

stephen1966

http://www.boardsofcanada.com/

Either my eyes are deceiving me (or i've not been paying attention) but it seems the band cannot now be contacted and therefore you wont eventually receive anything in the post.

Perhaps they're in the process of changing address (tax haven abroad maybe) or they really are fed up with being pestered by weirdos.

p.s if the contact address re-appears before you read this i apologise.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tbio2007
http://www.boardsofcanada.com/

Either my eyes are deceiving me (or i've not been paying attention) but it seems the band cannot now be contacted and therefore you wont eventually receive anything in the post.

Perhaps they're in the process of changing address (tax haven abroad maybe) or they really are fed up with being pestered by weirdos.

p.s if the contact address re-appears before you read this i apologise.

oh my god

I'm not knocking people for writing to them,but i wonder if the band ever received anything interesting that warranted a reply. I'd imagine there's only so much amateurish electronic music you can listen to,so many ethereal pictures you can look at and so much cock sucking you can handle (fit groupies were allowed,pre marriage and kids).

Has anybody,anywhere,had or know someone who has had a reply from The Hexagon Hilton?

I'm not knocking people for writing to them,but i wonder if the band ever received anything interesting that warranted a reply. I'd imagine there's only so much amateurish electronic music you can listen to,so many ethereal pictures you can look at and so much cock sucking you can handle (fit groupies were allowed,pre marriage and kids).

Has anybody,anywhere,had or know someone who has had a reply from The Hexagon Hilton?

oh hey yeah ok.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moebius

The only account I've heard is this one:

My friend Ben is living in London for a semester

through Drury University here in Missouri. I told him

about the Warp Anniversary party that was sold out and

told him that he must get tickets "by any means

necessary." He wrote back and said that he sent a plea

to the address that BOC provides. A plain envelope

came back that said "Dear Ben, Thanks for the letter

and enjoy the show." Inside were tickets to the show.

Of course, there is no reason for anybody out there to

believe this and merely copying his message to the

list doesn't prove anything. But Ben is a pretty solid

guy and has little motivation for lying. Anyway, at

the very least, it's a nice story considering some

figures in IDM are rumored to be a little rude (wasn't

everybody talking about Derrick May and his rudeness?)

Who else has had any positive encounters with the

seminal figures in IDM?

John

True? Who knows. Makes a nice story, though.

I dont want to go off the topic too much but i'll tell you what does my head in. This kind of fits in with the last reply and the talk of envy.

We've all probably got mp3's of the live material and yes it's great and we all wish we were there and so on,but...........and it's a major but............what's with the major arseholes in the audience who have to talk their way through the whole set trying to cop off with the girl who "wants a light",obviously not aware of what's going down in front of them.

Thats what i'm envious of; these fuckers who dont know how priviliged they are,witnessing live one of the most important bands ever,a band who never play live,and they're just trying to get their end away.

Probably a moose to boot.

Guest Moebius
LOL. I'm John. That was me. I went to Drury. I saw the letter but who knows, you know? Ben really is a good and trustworthy guy but anyone can say anything. He brought me a simple flyer that would have been taped up at the venue.

Wow, what are the odds, heh. Was it a handwritten letter? It would be interesting to see if the writing matches up with the Twoism and Old Tunes labels. Would be cool to see that flyer too. The only flyer for BoC show I've seen is the one that Cylob posted a while back.

The mailing tube I got from Hexagon Sun with all the BoC video contest prizes (the posters and such) was (of course) turquoise, and had very odd Celtic hexagon stamps on it. It also, interestingly, has a different mailing address. Don't bother asking.

The mailing tube I got from Hexagon Sun with all the BoC video contest prizes (the posters and such) was (of course) turquoise, and had very odd Celtic hexagon stamps on it. It also, interestingly, has a different mailing address. Don't bother asking.

When was it from?

:embrassed:

When was it from?

:embrassed:

Oh, let's see... that was around 2002/3 if I remember correctly...

Any chance of a pic of the celtic stamping? Sounds awesomely wicker man.

I'll see if I can dig out the envelope (they sent the autographed copies of Geogaddi for the contest grand prizes to me in a turquoise mailer with the same red Celtic hexagon stamping on it) and scan it.

Was there ever a photo of that "very rare" metal MHTRTC poster?

On the site there was, yes (watmm.com)

Oh, let's see... that was around 2002/3 if I remember correctly...

Oh, did I say "when"?  I meant . . . oh, well, never mind.

Oh, I see - Scotland :laughing:

The mailing tube I got from Hexagon Sun with all the BoC video contest prizes (the posters and such) was (of course) turquoise, and had very odd Celtic hexagon stamps on it. It also, interestingly, has a different mailing address.

hardly surprising

a PO box is just that. a mail drop.

It also, interestingly, has a different mailing address. Don't bother asking.

you didn't go there with your erection throbbing toward the door?

It's rather cold there, I reckon...

Plus, my boner only can detect pussy - I didn't get the hexagon detector software upgrade

The mailing tube I got from Hexagon Sun with all the BoC video contest prizes (the posters and such) was (of course) turquoise, and had very odd Celtic hexagon stamps on it. It also, interestingly, has a different mailing address.

hardly surprising

a PO box is just that. a mail drop.

lol pwn

maybe they live at the po box kaini mr. smarty pants

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
I dont want to go off the topic too much but i'll tell you what does my head in. This kind of fits in with the last reply and the talk of envy.

We've all probably got mp3's of the live material and yes it's great and we all wish we were there and so on,but...........and it's a major but............what's with the major arseholes in the audience who have to talk their way through the whole set trying to cop off with the girl who "wants a light",obviously not aware of what's going down in front of them.

Thats what i'm envious of; these fuckers who dont know how priviliged they are,witnessing live one of the most important bands ever,a band who never play live,and they're just trying to get their end away.

Probably a moose to boot.

confirmed.

whats wrong with large audience noise? its part of the show. their googles and beeping are nature's cyclone.

Guest greenbank

i saw boc live at the warp lighthouse party and was at the geogaddi launch (and possess 2 or 3 of the blue plastic hexagons that were given out there) but seriously guys, chill! it wasnae that exciting at all. i think i saw most of their set but was more interested in the amazing tunes and visuals in the skam room (despite being mildly scared that the bass was going to bring down all the ceiling tiles, i've never seen the entire side of a building vibrate in the bass before or since!)

Archived