IGNORED

youtube with unauthorised sound

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

wtf. can't sleep and decide to check some youtube vids of bjork. fair enough. army of me. 'haven't seen that one,' i think to myself. i click the link, and wtf. the video plays but with no sound.

NOTICE This video contains an audio track that has not been authorized by WMG. The audio has been disabled. More about copyright.

what's the fucken point.

fuuuuuck you internets. and copyright laws. you continue to fail me!

gah.

Guest bitroast

yeah vimeo's a sweet deal, but it's not really trying to acheive the same thing as youtube.

i mean, you search bjork and you get live videos, not copyrighted promo clips.

Guest Enter a new display name

WMG wants you to listen to the song from Björk's album that you purchased while watching the mute music video.

I'm starting to like this whole copyrigth infringement thing. Recently Warner Music removed Hej Matematik's hit 'Walkman' from youtube and myspace. It got a lot of attention in Denmark because Hej matematik consists of Søren Rasted and his younger cousin. Søren Rasted From Aqua married to Lene Nystrøm also from Aqua.

keeplefty

• 1 month later...

Someone tell me how this occured:

I was browsing through the My Videos -section of some YouTube account, found a private video I had forgotten about, uploaded a year ago. It had Goon Gumpas as a soundtrack, not the complete track, just a fragment. Well the audio has been removed, saying "this clip contains an audio track not authorized by WMG" - wtf? It's always been set to private, and why Goon Gumpas? Did it perhaps match something else in their library?

Do they disable video's manually? There are apps that can find out what song is playing based on a crappy iPhone recording. So they could just use something like that.

I'm curious to how far this stuff will go. I love reading about these copyright wars.

Guest bitroast
Do they disable video's manually? There are apps that can find out what song is playing based on a crappy iPhone recording. So they could just use something like that.

I'm curious to how far this stuff will go. I love reading about these copyright wars.

not totally the same thing, but perhaps i can interest you in some news on the australian internet filter.Visit My Website

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
But how's Goon Gumpas related to WMG? I thought it accidentally matched some other ID... and I wonder why they don't save themselves (and their servers) the effort of running ID-checks through private videos.

Hasn't RDJ signed a contract with Warner back in the SAWII days?

Archived