IGNORED

rdj headphones

amnesia

Guest Drahken

Sony something or others, I can't recall the model number and WATMM search blows. Suffice to say, they are no longer in production and are near impossible to find used. I seem to recall that model being particularly coveted by audio enthusiasts.

Sony something or others, I can't recall the model number and WATMM search blows. Suffice to say, they are no longer in production and are near impossible to find used. I seem to recall that model being particularly coveted by audio enthusiasts.

DS-20050716-02-083.jpg

one of my posts about Coachella

his headphones..!!!

what a fu**!!!!

superSony.. a big one!

wich kind? do you know?

*i want it

Sony CD-1700, I checked them out myself. They were hanging off his backpack, and when I was having him sign my SAW 85-92, I asked him, Richard wasn't sure what model, so I grabbed them up and looked. :shade: They look like the ones he's been using for about 10 years now...

I've had the pleasure of owning the MDR-CD1700 for many months now, and it has been a great purchase.

I have to admit I had never been interested in Sony headphones, but after hearing all the raves on this board I wanted to try them out. I had been looking for a closed headphone for listening at computer, so I needed something that would be comfortable, and with a non-fatiguing sound.

First off, they are extremely comfortable. The headband is self-adjusting, and I can wear them for hours without discomfort. They are very large though, a good bit bigger than my DT 880s. I couldn't imagine the looks you'd get in a public setting wearing these, but they're so great it's almost worth it biggrin.gif

Depending on what you're looking for, the sound can either please or displease. If you're looking for a very accurate and dynamic signature, these aren't the headphones for you. They have a very warm and pleasing mid-range, with a very full-bodied sound. They do not sound honky at all, but have a smooth transition to the high frequencies. The highs do roll off pretty quickly, and this can definitely mask detail. This can also cause them to sound soft. The bass is decently controlled, but never sounds overbearing or weak. The soundstage is very good for a closed headphone, and is overall pretty satisfying. Isolation is decent, and from what I've heard they don't really leak much, if any, sound.

You might have read that they are "groovalizers" in that they make almost all music very pleasing and "groovy" to listen to. This is a pretty accurate statement, and I love it about them. I would never use these for analytical listening, but they are the perfect headphone to kick back and enjoy music with.

I hope this helps out, they really are great headphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sony-cd17...ressions-27158/

Guest David R James

Regardless what headphones u have for djing, u really need to spend at least a 70 - 100 english pounds on some good quality closed back cans.

You might have read that they are "groovalizers" in that they make almost all music very pleasing and "groovy" to listen to. This is a pretty accurate statement, and I love it about them. I would never use these for analytical listening, but they are the perfect headphone to kick back and enjoy music with.

I hope this helps out, they really are great headphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sony-cd17...ressions-27158/

"groovalizers".. wtf?! I gonna buy'em blindly. pure expertise.

I didn't know those things could get that small :/

(In before "That's what she said")

it's a regular size laptop really

he just has huge hands (from expert knob twiddling)

Most people don't realise that which headphones you choose depnds on which period of RDJ's music you want to emulate. These Sonys are overhyped, as they're only good for making smojphace (not including run the place red). If you want to make Windowlicker you need Bose, Richard D James requires some £10 Sennheiser earbuds, and Drukqs is two paper cups on some tied-together pieces of string

• 9 months later...

Archived