IGNORED

Hello Wattmites

Guest Tony Danza

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tony Danza

Point taken.

So, I don't live in Idaho anymore, I don't have a car anymore, I don't have a girlfriend anymore, I don't have a newspaper job anymore, I don't have a Web site anymore, I don't have a lack of friends anymore, I don't make less than $16,000 a year anymore, I don't have a drinking problem anymore, and I don't think I'm unhappy anymore.

What's new with Watmm? Is there a main site anymore or is it just a forum? How is yous guys been?

Guest hahathhat
What's new with Watmm? Is there a main site anymore or is it just a forum? How is yous guys been?

Twitter has revolutionized WATMM.

Guest Tony Danza
so then, how much do you make?

I'm not really sure because I'm only working part-time, but I'm very comfortable. I no longer have to decide between paying for groceries or car insurance. The newspaper business deserves to die.

When I'm not working, I'm going to school for my master's degree in secondary education. I'm going to be a high school English teacher when I grow up. Hip hip hoorj!

:) :) :)

Edit: Woops, I forgot to mention that I got my old job back in Hawaii as a medical secretary. Pays twice as much as being a NEWSPAPER REPORTER in IDAHO and doesn't require a COLLEGE DEGREE. Plus, I'm viewing Watmm while at work right now. In your face, black and white print.

Guest Tony Danza
Hold me closer Tony Danza

I thought about you the other day because I was looking for writing-related jobs SPOILER ALERT: There ain't nun!

I've always held good journalism in high esteem so it seems criminal that a person who is well read and sharp has to switch to reception work to pay the bills. It's nothing new though. I have a degree in biology and dissect people in the morgue and my co-worker was an illiterate homeless guy who learned to read and write on the job.

I mean, kudos to him for sure but it gives you an idea of what's expected of me i.e. "take this lung, put it on the scales, write down the figure, sew this man's body up, hose down all the chunks and blood, get back to stocking" etc. The pathologists hear my knowledge but they're just like, "that's nice, get me a new blade please."

Yeah, life is pretty funny until you start crying.

The newspaper I wanted to work at starts paying at $55,000/year. After five years, the pay becomes $65,000. Reporters start off with two weeks of vacation. The vacation time at the newspaper is cumulative, so reporters who have been working there for 20 years have three months off annually.

As a teacher in Hawaii with a master's degree, I'll start off at $50,000 for nine months of work with three months off. After five years, the pay is scheduled to be somewhere under $10,000 higher than the starting pay, and it's projected to be exactly that or more soon. Plus, I get to work with children. I've found that they make me very happy, and working virtually independently of superiors or customers is pretty awesome, too. I have a few friends who are high school teachers. I've spent 16 hours observing them in class (it's a program requirement), and the more time I spend in class, the more excited I become about working in the classroom.

During my three months off, I plan on continuing to work as a medical secretary. I really enjoy the job now that I've learned how awful other jobs (reporting) can be. I've got a lot of friends at the hospital who I'd hate to lose, and the job pays pretty fricken' well. I mean, for the most part, all I do is paperwork for two to three hours before socializing with the nurses for the rest of the shift.

Guest abusivegeorge
Plus, I get to work with children. I've found that they make me very happy, and working virtually independently of superiors or customers is pretty awesome, too. I have a few friends who are high school teachers. I've spent 16 hours observing them in class (it's a program requirement), and the more time I spend in class, the more excited I become about working in the classroom.

Jesus Tony I cannot believe you just posted that on this forum.

So that knobs like me could qoute it

Guest Tony Danza
Plus, I get to work with children. I've found that they make me very happy, and working virtually independently of superiors or customers is pretty awesome, too. I have a few friends who are high school teachers. I've spent 16 hours observing them in class (it's a program requirement), and the more time I spend in class, the more excited I become about working in the classroom.

Jesus Tony I cannot believe you just posted that on this forum.

So that knobs like me could qoute it

Mmkay.

tony danza you own my facebook with all the shit you constantly post on there

Facebook is my new girlfriend.

Guest Mr Salads
Hold me closer Tony Danza

I thought about you the other day because I was looking for writing-related jobs SPOILER ALERT: There ain't nun!

I've always held good journalism in high esteem so it seems criminal that a person who is well read and sharp has to switch to reception work to pay the bills. It's nothing new though. I have a degree in biology and dissect people in the morgue and my co-worker was an illiterate homeless guy who learned to read and write on the job.

I mean, kudos to him for sure but it gives you an idea of what's expected of me i.e. "take this lung, put it on the scales, write down the figure, sew this man's body up, hose down all the chunks and blood, get back to stocking" etc. The pathologists hear my knowledge but they're just like, "that's nice, get me a new blade please."

My friend wanted to be a mortician but then learned they pay shit. I dont know why he doesnt pursue a biology degree so he can at least cut them bodies up. Seems like something he would enjoy.

Tony good to see you. Im surprised you ever left Hawaii. That seems insane. My roommate broke with his girl of 3 (almost 4) years and got so depressed he considered moving there. I guess the rent is about the same as it is in LA.

Archived