IGNORED

i want to start watching star trek

Guest Ricky Downtown

start with enterprise

Do not do this, watch Babylon 5 instead.

instead? why not watch both? Deep space nine did copy B5, but at the same time B5 was heavily influenced by TREk tng. scifi people are funny with their team loyalty

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

I must confess that I edited Deepex' post, sorry. Yes I think watching both is a good idea, I just can't seem to stand Star Trek, and that doesn't mean to say I don't think its good, I think was problem was being forced to watch it non stop as a child, and then finally when I got old enough to make my own decisions I watched Babylon 5 and was like "fuck star trek".

the cool thing about babylon 5 is that it was all preplanned and the entire story for the show was decided on before they started filming, all 5 or whatever seasons. pretty cool, and it made following it a bit more rewarding, i think.

Guest abusivegeorge
the cool thing about babylon 5 is that it was all preplanned and the entire story for the show was decided on before they started filming, all 5 or whatever seasons. pretty cool, and it made following it a bit more rewarding, i think.

Yea it made the whole story a bit more concrete, it also influenced an awesome PC game called Freespace which I bought and played at the time of my Babylon 5 phase.

Guest abusivegeorge
omfg freespace was excellent, but you know whats better? freelancer, thats like the best fucking game ever made

Dude don't even get me started, we'll be on 8 pages before you know it.

i think one thing that separates Trek from Babylon 5 the most is the fact that 5 is more of a continuing story with more focus on character alliances and politics. Star trek has continuing story arcs resembling that but more often than not each episode is dedicated to a new science fiction concept enabling a drama to take place within it.

besides B5 being in space and with aliens i wouldn't really even consider it science fiction

Guest abusivegeorge

Thats like saying you wouldn't even consider Ghostbusters a Sci-Fi.

But yeah I do agree with you, B5 is far more political and in-depth, sometimes its hard to keep track.

Thats like saying you wouldn't even consider Ghostbusters a Sci-Fi.

But yeah I do agree with you, B5 is far more political and in-depth, sometimes its hard to keep track.

yeah i guess im using the classical definition of the term

Guest JohnTqs

so i just watched the first episode of the original series.

why do some of the people wear gold suits, others wear blue, others red? what do the suit colors represent?

Guest abusivegeorge
so i just watched the first episode of the original series.

why do some of the people wear gold suits, others wear blue, others red? what do the suit colors represent?

Ship rank of course.

Guest David R James
You fags are talkin about babylon 5? Lollers

Yep, take it bitch.

George ive just followed you in cos i stumble across top 20 posters today just now and u is at 100 :omg:

edit: Lol its moved to 99, that thing doesnt work it goes backwards

Guest abusivegeorge

I'm on 130 something today I think, but it changes for some reason I'm not sure why, I really have had fuck all to do mate and I'm back on a daily routine tomorrow so I've just been chilled sat here, watching tele and eating really.

i think one thing that separates Trek from Babylon 5 the most is the fact that 5 is more of a continuing story with more focus on character alliances and politics. Star trek has continuing story arcs resembling that but more often than not each episode is dedicated to a new science fiction concept enabling a drama to take place within it.

besides B5 being in space and with aliens i wouldn't really even consider it science fiction

True, but remember that DS9 is in a very similar style.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

When I was a kid, Tasha Yar getting killed by that black slime thing was really traumatic. I had dreams about that thing

Archived