IGNORED

i want to start watching star trek

Guest Ricky Downtown

Guest JohnTqs

i have no idea why, i just want to start watching some star trek. i've never seen a movie or episode of it. so what season dvd should i buy or what movie should i watch first?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say either The Original Series or The Next Generation.

The Next generation was made a long time after the Original Series from the 60s. TNG really hits its stride a few seasons in.

I wouldn't start with Deep Space 9 or Voyager first.

Guest JohnTqs

keep in mind i know virtually nothing about star trek...the show i should see first will be the first thing i see. if i watched tng first will i understand it without seeing the original?

Guest hahathhat
Start with TNG. Here's a small scene to kind of show you what its all about

fuckin lol, are those grunt noises part of the original?

i have no idea why, i just want to start watching some star trek. i've never seen a movie or episode of it. so what season dvd should i buy or what movie should i watch first?

i would start with the original series, and if its too cheesy for you to handle id go to the first season of TNG.

the only star trek that is unwatchable to me was Enterprise, by far the worst of the universe.

fuck anyone who says the original series of crap!

if you watch TNG first you will understand everything fine, however i think the best way to watch it for the first time is to go in chronological order, meaning watch original series in order first then go to the original series movies.

Dont listen to the lemming fan boys who say 'only the even number star trek sequals are good' for some reason this has been regurgitated to every Trek fanboy and his mom. I think its bullshit, most of the star trek movies (even some of the TNG ones) are pretty enjoyable. Most people agree Wrath of Khan (#2) is best, i think its pretty good but just as good as some of the other ones, a little overhyped if you ask me.

the 1st movie Star Trek the Motion Picture is very ambient and almost a 2001 like film directed by old time filmmaker Robert Wise (andromeda strain, day the earth stood still, West side story). Its widely considered the worst Star Trek movie for the reason of how slow it unfolds but i think this is part of its appeal., its a very good film.

Guest Mr Salads
Start with TNG. Here's a small scene to kind of show you what its all about

fuckin lol, are those grunt noises part of the original?

Haha yeah he just reused them over and over. Good stuff. :beer:

Guest JohnTqs

if you watch TNG first you will understand everything fine, however i think the best way to watch it for the first time is to go in chronological order, meaning watch original series in order first then go to the original series movies.

what i mean by understanding it is, are there any events in the original that affect the next gen?

what i mean by understanding it is, are there any events in the original that affect the next gen?

not many, only some basic history of the star trek universe (like which aliens are who, and what type of society they have) which im sure you can fill in yourself by doing some online reading if you et confused by any aspects of the show.

I say watch the original series first because TNG is basically an extension of the original show, it's first 2 seasons especially have a much more original series feel than the rest of TNG.

When i was a kid i started on TNG and only saw the original series much later in my late teens, it made me have a whole new appreciation for star trek.

Guest JohnTqs

cool. so i'm gonna check out tng then.

when should i watch the films? when i understand it or when i'm done with tng? does it matter?

cool. so i'm gonna check out tng then.

when should i watch the films? when i understand it or when i'm done with tng? does it matter?

id watch some of the original series films first, the TNG films are a little bit more dependent on the show, you would feel like you've missed something if you haven't seen it.

this is the reason to watch the original show -

shatners extremely over the top acting

i often think how great it would be getting strummed off by mr. data.

he could masturbate your penis at such a staggering rate, far beyond human capabilities.

i don't reckon you'd last a minute, with him going at it like a paint shaker,

before he had you ejaculating your kidneys and teeth!

Guest hahathhat
i often think how great it would be getting strummed off by mr. data.

he could masturbate your penis at such a staggering rate, far beyond human capabilities.

i don't reckon you'd last a minute, with him going at it like a paint shaker,

before he had you ejaculating your kidneys and teeth!

speed does not necessarily equate to pleasure

unless we're talking amphetamines

Guest Mr Salads

I saw the films before I really got into TNG. Watching the first films (with Spock, McCoy, Kirk) may not be a bad idea. You can skip the original series that way since the movies are much less cheesy. Watch those, then watch TNG. Star Trek Generations joins the cast of the original with TNG to some pretty good effect I think even though its hated by lots of fans.

And also:

Archived