i want to start watching star trek

Guest Ricky Downtown

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest assegai

LOL @ the comments

animecha (11 hours ago) 0 Reply

Large turbo laser batteries are capable of dishing out hundreds of gigatons of energy per shot. Torpedoes in star trek max at around a hundred megatons at the very best. So as you can see it would take no more than a single shot to decimate most star trek ships.

Its not about the type of weapon so much as how much energy that weapon will impart. So even if star wars ships used bullets, if kinetic energy of those projectiles exceeded what the shields could handle, then it would still do the job.

senorgaus (19 hours ago) 0 Reply

Now if that were true, I would agree. Turbo lasers in that case MAY pose a threat to a federation star ship's shields. Nowhere in the past Star Wars movies did I hear a reference to turbo lasers being a plasma based weapon though. Maybe I missed something? Still, shields designed to handle matter/antimatter warhead torpedo impacts would have little trouble handling turbo laser strikes, plasma or not.

nerd-46422.jpg

Guest JohnTqs

LOL @ the comments

Large turbo laser batteries are capable of dishing out hundreds of gigatons of energy per shot. Torpedoes in star trek max at around a hundred megatons at the very best. So as you can see it would take no more than a single shot to decimate most star trek ships.

Its not about the type of weapon so much as how much energy that weapon will impart. So even if star wars ships used bullets, if kinetic energy of those projectiles exceeded what the shields could handle, then it would still do the job.

Now if that were true, I would agree. Turbo lasers in that case MAY pose a threat to a federation star ship's shields. Nowhere in the past Star Wars movies did I hear a reference to turbo lasers being a plasma based weapon though. Maybe I missed something? Still, shields designed to handle matter/antimatter warhead torpedo impacts would have little trouble handling turbo laser strikes, plasma or not.

nerd-46422.jpg

if they were talking about aphex or autechre it would be normal. we're the same way am i right?

LOL @ the comments

yessss

Guest abusivegeorge
LOL @ the comments

yessss

These dudes know exactly what they are talking about, its serious stuff.

Archived