Star Trek - The Motion Picture

Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home

Star Trek III - The Search For Spock

Star Trek V - The Final Frontier

Dire Straits - The Sultans of Swing

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

start with enterprise, then watch all the original 60's series, then the first 6 films, then all of TNG, then the next 4 films, then DS9, then voyager.

fuck i havent seen all of these.

by far the best film though is star trek 2 : the wrath of chaka khan.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

i watched some early episodes of tng a while back. i didn't remember them being that embarrassingly bad the first time :(

How come everyone loves the 2nd movie so much?

i dont know, i find it very minimalist and one of the more uneventful star trek movies. its good, just not deserving of the hype that's poured onto it.

most people probably dont remember that II, III: search for spock, and IV:the voyage home, all directly tied into one another creating a kind of star trek trilogy. I think these 3 are probably the strongest of the star trek films if you watch them in order.

Guest hahathhat

i remember seeing a star trek movie where they're trapped in some crazy cloud when i was like 4 years old, it scared me, put me off star trek for years.

i remember seeing a star trek movie where they're trapped in some crazy cloud when i was like 4 years old, it scared me, put me off star trek for years.

Star Trek The Motion Picture, the 2001 space odysessy of the Star Trek series.

trailer -

Guest hahathhat

Star Trek The Motion Picture, the 2001 space odysessy of the Star Trek series.

trailer -

fair enough, 2001 freaked me out in the same way when i was 7. it was the star gate sequence, too, the computer killing people didn't bother me at all.

i still don't understand the "meaning" of the star gate sequence, someone care to give me a leg-up?

I like the 4th movie the most. But start with the 2nd and then watch TNG. Skip everything else.

anybody who tells you to skip the original series does not deserve to be listened to

clearly Zapho has a lot of trek catching up to do :beer:

Also:

LOL

lol! thanks for the first non sexually childish year old star trek parody clip,

I like the 4th movie the most. But start with the 2nd and then watch TNG. Skip everything else.

anybody who tells you to skip the original series does not deserve to be listened to

clearly Zapho has a lot of trek catching up to do :beer:

Also:

LOL

lol! thanks for the first non sexually childish year old star trek parody clip,

yes, fucking LOL indeed :teeth:

start with enterprise

Do not do this.

i assume you say this because you think its fairly shit, and in a way, compared to the other series', you are right. i just though it would make the most sense chronologically... basically the only reason why i suggested it.

hmm, perhaps Deepex's advice is for the best.

I watched Enterprise. It was fairly enjoyable. But if it was my first exposure to Star Trek, I don't think I'd think to much of it.

How come everyone loves the 2nd movie so much?

Ricardo Montalban. Plain and simple.

No performance is more glorious or more hilarious.

Unintentional hilarity is a big part of every Star Trek series. Embrace it!

Archived