IGNORED

revolution 1 (take 20)

Bubba69

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

After listening all the way through and being a Beatles fan (I know, I know) I'm pretty sure thats real.

Fuck the Beatles they are so fucking over-rated.

In before LUDD^^.

Guest David R James

Revolution 9 is my favourite beatles track you can here some of the segments in take 20 used in that. The second half of 'take 20' is so much better than the released 4.15 min version, would of made a good final track to the album.

Guest abusivegeorge

*Waits with anticipation for LUDD*.

He's gonna fucking exaplode guys, like, everywhere. Like the final scene of Braindead.

Guest David R James
fucking awesome

reminder of why they are still one of the most important bands evar

Agreed

But someone is going to disagree soon though

Its streaming on that link mate?

I was hoping to listen to it later. But I'll have a look when I have finished listening to what I am now.

Guest David R James
Was there really nothing like this before The Beatles? (Serious question).

In terms of popular music there wasnt that much but if anyone knows of anything please tell

There was all the avante garde artist making music concrete working with tape manipulation and effects since the late 40's , a guy call raymond scott was developing electronic early synthesis devices in the 50's and creating clever little jingles, and then we have the radiophonic workshop, im a big beatles fan but the people ive just mentioned mean more to me because it was the start of electronic music.

And in terms of the beatles i always look to george martin as the guy that created the magical aspects of the beatles records.

Guest abusivegeorge

I didn't think Love were as early as that to be honest, I thought they were very late 60's early 70's. I can't seem to think of anything like it I guess, Jade Warrior were psychadelic but I'm not sure when they were around? What about Can?

Curved Air, King Crimson?

But were the Beatles the first band to use opera, brass bands in this way?

ahem

Love started playing the L.A. clubs in April, 1965 and became a popular act. At this time, they were playing extended numbers such as "Revelation" (originally titled "John Lee Hooker") and getting the attention of such luminaries as the Rolling Stones and the Yardbirds. The band lived communally in a house once owned by horror actor Bela Lugosi, and their first two albums included photos shot in the garden of that house.

1966-1968

Signed to the Elektra Records label, the band scored a minor hit single in 1966 with their version of Burt Bacharach's "My Little Red Book". In the meantime, Lee had dismissed Conka and Fleckenstein, replacing them with Alban "Snoopy" Pfisterer and Ken Forssi (from a post-"Wipeout" version of The Surfaris). Their debut album, Love, was released in May 1966, and included "Signed D.C" and MacLean's "Softly To Me". The album sold moderately well and reached #57 on the album charts.

In August, 1966, the single "7 and 7 Is" became their highest-charting at #33. Two more members were added around this time, Tjay Cantrelli (aka John Barberis) on woodwinds and Michael Stuart on drums. Pfisterer, never a confident drummer, switched to harpsichord.

Guest David R James
mccartney was very interested in musique concrete

way before revolution #9, he did some still unreleased tape loop stuff by himself

I thought i read that it was john who made most of that, while paul was on holiday and when he came back he was royaly pissed when he found out he wasnt involved. But that might be BS, i read it one the net.

Archived