IGNORED

goldeneye source

Guest chunky

You are all wrong, and I am right.

unfortunately this is true

i see absolutely no point in this, just download a 64 emulator and you can play real goldeneye online with kaillera.

ofcourse i downloaded this anyway.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never understood what was so great about Goldeneye. I was playing Quake 2 online while you others were playing a game running at 10fps where aiming up and down was a chore. :undecided:

The control was perfect and far better than todays dual analog control, with the N64 pad if you choose 1.2 Solitaire scheme you would move with the C-buttons and aim with the analog stick, this is the perfect equivalent to AWSD to move and mouse look.

Meh, I don't really see how that's better than dual analog, with which you don't have to toggle running, have more than just 8 direction movement, and have crouching conveniently mapped to a stick click.

But whatever, I was never a fan of Goldeneye. I thought it was "just ok" back in 97 and 12 years later it's a big fat turd. I'm sure the source mod will make it much more playable by modern standards, but I don't really see what the point is outside of some good multiplayer maps.

Yeah I played it when it was on the n64. Wahts the point

umm .. looks like a reasonable death match mod ... yeah ..

You are all wrong, and I am right.

unfortunately this is true

i see absolutely no point in this, just download a 64 emulator and you can play real goldeneye online with kaillera.

but then you can't jump ... oh the pain .. the paaain ..

I never understood what was so great about Goldeneye. I was playing Quake 2 online while you others were playing a game running at 10fps where aiming up and down was a chore. :undecided:

i didn't have a pc for a while .. when living with mates in brissie we played goldeneye death match all the time ... then i moved up north and started running a net cafe .. got addicted to half life death match ... after an hiatus i played my friends a visit back in brisbane ... and they challenged me to a game of goldeneye ... it really was ... like i said .. 'oh the paain' ...

still though .. a classic ... even if it was for nintenewbs who didn't know any better ... (see how i get to sit on both sides of the fence there .. )

x:}

i think you are missing the point, we knew about pc fps's back then however you couldnt play with 4 people on one machine. goldeneye was the first console fps that was really fun, challenging, and had a great single system multiplayer function.

Guest David R James
i think you are missing the point, we knew about pc fps's back then however you couldnt play with 4 people on one machine. goldeneye was the first console fps that was really fun, challenging, and had a great single system multiplayer function.

Yeah that was the whole point, chilling there with your mates shooting the crap out of eachother.

16 player matches on Bloodgulch...4 tvs over the dorm LAN...pretty incredible.

Blood Gulch is such a noob map. Hang'em High ftw.

Guest Mr Salads

I had the most fun playing multi player goldeneye with friends. You can do pc online garbage all you want, it will never compare to the golden days.

Archived