IGNORED

im gonna stay up all night tonight

Guest Pennywise

Guest Pennywise

im not drunk or intoxicated in anyway. my plan is to take a serious dent out of my dissertation work load. Is this a terrible idea? its 4.11am and i'm not tired but i have a slightly heavy head. am i gonna feel like shit tommorow if i dont sleep and stare at a laptop for hours instead? FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

Guest Mr Salads

I dont know man, every time i pulled all nighters I got goofy around 3am. After that my writing was not dependable.

Guest David R James

It did this 3 or 4 times at uni, and never ever felt good by the end of it. But i did it on the days i had to hand stuff in. I got the terrible feeling of reverseness that i new i needed to stay up and finish shit, but i wanted to do the oposite, yet on a day when i had nothing to hand in or 'out i could easily just get stoned for 24 hours and not feel groggy at all.

naps never work for me, i just wake up feeling like absolute shit, groggy, tired, sick, disoriented. I'd just pound back some sort of caffinated drink and not sleep, around when the dawn breaks im not tired at all anymore and just buzz around on some ridiculous sort of giddy high until the afternoon comes when i'll crash hard, at which point its around time to go home.

Guest hahathhat

it usually takes me about a half hour to fall asleep unless i'm so drunk i'd attempt to mate with a parking meter

yeah after 3, maybe 4 am my writing was as good as it is when i'm drunk as shit. but if it's working for you then go for it., i don't sleep much but my brain can only take hard work for so many hours at a time.

Guest Pennywise

my sleep pattern is fucked anyways, i keep going to sleep at aroud 5 or 6. i get out of bed somedays at around 2 or 3pm. thats pretty fucked. i think im gonna start drugging myself at around 10 pm to get into a normal pattern.

Guest hahathhat

i got this here melatonin stuff two days ago, like sleep dep in a pill, reset my sleep schedule right quick

Whenever I wake up from a nap I feel different for a while. But whenever I fall asleep on a ride somewhere I should feel weird there, but me napping on the ride wherever repeatedly made the weird normal wherever I am going. But if I don't fall asleep then I feel weird. Yeah I dunno.

Guest Pennywise
i got this here melatonin stuff two days ago, like sleep dep in a pill, reset my sleep schedule right quick

lol, why did you say that like the guy from pet sematary?

fred_gwynne_in_pet_sematary_publici.jpgy.

Guest hahathhat

that shit didn't work at all for me. how many mg u take?

a single 3mg pill. apparently the effective dosage varies wildly, from 0.1mg-20mg. so, i took the recommended dose to start.

an hour after i go to bed i get up to pee, shit's leaving trails like bright sun does when you're really fucking hung over, i had no coordination, and i felt... out of it. no booze no weed no nothing, just the melatonin. i woke up nice and early, without my alarm clock even, but i still felt the melatonin!! i felt borderline nauseous for most of the morning, in fact. what i felt like was in line with what some people on erowid reported when taking 12mg!!

i didn't take any last night as i was drinking a bit and felt on a proper sleep schedule; ditto for tonight. in fact, that one dose seems to have nudged me to about where i wanted to be, even though it was massive fucking overkill.

i'm irish/scottish/welch/etc, i don't tan i burn + get freckles, perhaps i have a natural melatonin deficiency, and 3mg was just a massive flood of it.

next time i feel the need to tamper with my sleep cycle, i'm taking a half a pill (1.5mg). even that might nuke me.

i tried taking valerian root to help me get to sleep faster, like you hat it normally takes me an hour or more to fall asleep regularly. It didnt really help that, but goddamn it made my dreams super vivid and my sleep was much more rejuvenating.

Guest hahathhat
i tried taking valerian root to help me get to sleep faster, like you hat it normally takes me an hour or more to fall asleep regularly. It didnt really help that, but goddamn it made my dreams super vivid and my sleep was much more rejuvenating.

reading up on wiki+erowid, it sounded like i was a prime candidate for melatonin.

i tend to be unable to sleep until i reach a certain level of tired, then unable to get up (easily) until i'm well-rested. this translates into lying in bed, unable to sleep, until the sun comes up, then being all FUCK THIS ALARM CRAP a couple hours later. i blame society

Guest Pennywise

i've given up, i can feel my intelligence dropping, but im not going to sleep. its 6 am now and im not tired

my sister takes melatonin and it fucks her up. if she doesn't get 8 hours, at least, it's game over. it's a fucking drug. my mom too. shit don't do nothing for me though. or maybe it will, i haven't tried in in a while. i used to drink, like a drink or two, to make me groggy and tired but now i just drink until i'm unconcious and that's no good.

Archived