IGNORED

Give it up for Jon Stewart last night.

Guest EDGEY

sad that john stewart never had the balls to act this with any of the other dicks he's interviewed (colon powell, bill kristol, dana perino, tony snow, ari fliescher, tony blair, etc) he sure acted like a huge ass kissing pussy during those interviews, oh well

The problem is, if you play hard with them... none will come on your show.

but the people i listed never came again, so i guess its the same logic of why reporters never ask the president hard questions, they want access. So John Stewart has essentially the same mentality as a centrist american beltway reorter is what you are saying he's just more clever.

edit: i watch the daily show almost every day, and i do like John stewart when he is at his most confrontational like in this cramer interview, its just if you've been a watcher of his for the last 8 years he wasted SO MANY opportunities to give law breaking word leaders a new asshole tearing. I'll take what i can get, and this interview is refreshing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sad that john stewart never had the balls to act this with any of the other dicks he's interviewed (colon powell, bill kristol, dana perino, tony snow, ari fliescher, tony blair, etc) he sure acted like a huge ass kissing pussy during those interviews, oh well

but the people i listed never came again, so i guess its the same logic of why reporters never ask the president hard questions, they want access. So John Stewart has essentially the same mentality as a centrist american beltway reorter is what you are saying he's just more clever.

it's a fucking comedy show. get a grip.

it's a fucking comedy show. get a grip.

heh, yeah but notice how most of the comedy disappears when he interviews the people i listed. It becomes the kid glove unfunny show during those particular interviews

edit: sometimes more awkward than funny like when he interviewed Tony Blair, when he seemed genuinely afraid of him.

Guest EDGEY
thnx for the huffingtonpost link edgey.

I should post more links from the huffington post.. perhaps then everyone would stop thinking I'm a republican. :smile:

Guest JohnTqs

vid doesn't work anymore

but is this about ACORN? because i just got an email from them with the topic "Thank you Jon Stewart"

please don't

agreed, and especially not for the reasons of 'i dont want people to think im a republican'

counteracting that with generic liberal quasi beltway websites that make excuses for Democrats like Huffington is a bad tactic :embrassed:

i just also realized how many other media figures/reporters who helped lie about the Iraq war that appeared on the Daily Show in the last years.....John Stewart never confronted like he did Cramer. In fact ive come to the conclusion that John Stewart is a huge fucking hypocrite for doing this. and the fact that people are congratulating him as if he really stuck it to the man is kind of saddening. Essines said 'its just a comedy show' true but also look at the huge serious media coverage this is getting

i just also realized how many other media figures/reporters who helped lie about the Iraq war that appeared on the Daily Show in the last years.....John Stewart never confronted like he did Cramer.

He didn't start his show to do that nor is he obligated to just because they show up.

Although he might have it out for NBC. Do you remember his interview with Chris Matthews? If I remember correctly, he shit all over his book. :laughing:

Essines said 'its just a comedy show' true but also look at the huge serious media coverage this is getting

What is that supposed to mean?

Guest telikan

Have you ever tried shaming Jim Cramer......

oooooon weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed?????

hbaked09.jpg

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
Wow...just, damn. He took it well though. I've always admired how serious and tough Jon can be when he needs to.

sad money cramer was obviously instructed to eat shit to keep his CNBC job. they have relaunched his character with a large friendly promotional campaign. he now makes it very clear that you should not take his bad advice too seriously. his first appearance on CNBC this morning was followed by a non-joke "views expressed by cramer" graphic with an absurd voice over.

he deserves this humbling. he has been a bad influence for years, and many stupid people lost alot of money recently because of his idiotic "intuition". he is now noticably much calmer and has the sunken look of an aids victim. doubtless he'll get louder over the coming weeks as he finds his confidence. he must have an astounding contract--he should have been canned immediately for that B-Stearns malarky and for lying about it.

link?

what? its proabably on youtude if someone tivoed it. transcriptions are not avaliabllb from the GE website.

Guest Mr Salads

Watching jim squirm is entertaining yes, but people get too much joy out of it. Jim has nothing to do with it. He gives financial advice. It could be bad, it could be good. And its retarded for Jon to say "you try to make finance entertaining but its not a game." No, it IS a game. Investing in the stock market IS a fucking game.

Guest Mr Salads
Wow...just, damn. He took it well though. I've always admired how serious and tough Jon can be when he needs to.

sad money cramer was obviously instructed to eat shit to keep his CNBC job. they have relaunched his character with a large friendly promotional campaign. he now makes it very clear that you should not take his bad advice too seriously. his first appearance on CNBC this morning was followed by a non-joke "views expressed by cramer" graphic with an absurd voice over.

he deserves this humbling. he has been a bad influence for years, and many stupid people lost alot of money recently because of his idiotic "intuition". he is now noticably much calmer and has the sunken look of an aids victim. doubtless he'll get louder over the coming weeks as he finds his confidence. he must have an astounding contract--he should have been canned immediately for that B-Stearns malarky and for lying about it.

Lol, he doesnt deserve anything. Why would you take him seriously in the first place? Because he yells at you and throws shit? No that indicates to me he is just having fun. Youre an idiot.

Watching jim squirm is entertaining yes, but people get too much joy out of it. Jim has nothing to do with it. He gives financial advice. It could be bad, it could be good. And its retarded for Jon to say "you try to make finance entertaining but its not a game." No, it IS a game. Investing in the stock market IS a fucking game.

im excited that for the first time ever in a political discussion mr salads and i are on pretty much the same page :beer: (at least when it comes to these types of statements)

im excited that for the first time ever in a political discussion mr salads and i are on pretty much the same page :beer: (at least when it comes to these types of statements)

Did we watch the same interview? Stewart's whole point was that most of working class america have their pensions tied into the same market through 401ks, something that everyone was sold as a smart long-term investment. Then Jim Kramer acts the cheerleader while his daytrader ilk play the fucking game and break the boggle bubble, and we're all fucked. So pardon me for schadenfreude.

IS it? It is not. It's not an analogy for anything, The show was a celebration and an exorcism, timed accordingly with a Buffett call-in interview and the Madoff verdict.

I'm not going to call you an idiot or retarded, but I question your ability to disseminate media or finance!

Guest Mr Salads

IS it? It is not. It's not an analogy for anything, The show was a celebration and an exorcism, timed accordingly with a Buffett call-in interview and the Madoff verdict.

I'm not going to call you an idiot or retarded, but I question your ability to disseminate media or finance!

An exorcism against Jim Cramer? ok

Archived