IGNORED

calling all Website designers

Guest Franklin

Guest Franklin

Ok,

I'm starting a small company and I'm going to need a website. How much does a basic, but cool, website cost? does anybody here make them?

jesus the company I was working for nose-dived and things are happening too fast.

somebody school me.

1) Your favorite torrent site

2) Dreamweaver

3) Built-in windows FTP

4) Find a webpage you think is cool

5) Save source, view source, edit source

6) Enjoy your spiffy, free webpage

Guest Franklin

lol you've already lost me autopilot.

seriously, also I don't have time to design one. shit's got to be ready in 4 weeks, and I don't have time to learn how.

I'm not entirely sure what "source" is. I'm kidding just a little, but not much.

1) Your favorite torrent site = Go to your favorite website where you can pirate software.

2) Dreamweaver = Download Dreamweaver, the most intuitive and easy to use page building software I know of. It's practically like using a word processor.

3) Built-in windows FTP = You can log into the FTP access for the site using Windows. Then you can just drag & drop the files onto your server and upload them easily. (The files that you make in Dreamweaver)

4) Find a webpage you think is cool = Self explanatory.

5) Save source, view source, edit source = If you go to the File menu and save the page to your desktop, you can then right click on it and choose "edit". Then you can try swapping out fonts, colors, and content and basically modify something based on a foundation that someone has already laid out. You can also do this by loading the page up in Dreamweaver, which you should have downloaded by now.

6) Enjoy your spiffy, free webpage = Self explanatory.

If I've still lost you there, it's out of your league then. I will make you a webpage for a one time cost of $100.

actually, I have the same interest. I asked here once before though, and no dice. I've designed a website before myself, but I'm looking for something a bit more professional and also don't have the time...

Guest JohnTqs

i learned some basic html stuff on Funky Chickens but if you want to design something professional in a short amount of time you need serious dedication and prolly a good html book

Guest Franklin

lol ya books are no good.

I'm inheriting a company in 4 weeks.

also, I need somebody to design a company logo etc.

seriously I was thinking there'd be tons of designers on here.

lump we're out of our element!

Right click --> 'view page source' --> copy and paste into an html document.

That's how the majority of web designers do it.

Guest EDGEY
Right click --> 'view page source' --> copy and paste into an html document.

That's how the majority of web designers do it.

picard_finger.jpg

Guest Franklin

ok so this is what we're working on watmm

1 nice website

1 logo design

I can pay you in naked Weed pictures, popsicles, or in cash money, also maybe i could convince my fellow canuck essiness to visit you for a vodka demonstration and handjob, seeing as he owes me one.

Guest assegai
How's this?

It might not be safe for me to post the logo without the registered trademark symbols, but I think it'll work.

logo.jpg

Lols all around.

Seriously tho, what's your company about and do you have any logo ideas?

I could whip something up.

And, if you want a cheap/fast website, just buy/use a template. Many website hosting companys have built sites that you can just "pop" in your info.

Guest Pilcat

I'm a graphic designer and I know a thing or two (read "a lot") about dreamweaver.

PM me details and i'll see what I can do, yea?

I don't charge too much, but I expect decent compensation unless you're a really cool dude.

How's this?

It might not be safe for me to post the logo without the registered trademark symbols, but I think it'll work.

logo.jpg

Lols all around.

And, if you want a cheap/fast website, just buy/use a template. Many website hosting companys have built sites that you can just "pop" in your info.

Beware with templates - unless you pay for unique usage of it (which can be expensive), you run the risk of looking like others who also purchased that template (or at best very similar if you have a designer customize the look).

How's this?

logo.jpg

Lols all around.

Beware with templates - unless you pay for unique usage of it (which can be expensive), you run the risk of looking like others who also purchased that template (or at best very similar if you have a designer customize the look).

http://planet-mu.com/

How's this?

logo.jpg

Lols all around.

http://planet-mu.com/

Fucking Christ, yes - WARPMart as well!

Guest hahathhat

anyone who wants web work done cheap, PM me -- i borrowed money to pay march rent, and april is comin' up. in addition to being far too broke, i'm also a very talented web designer/programmer.

Guest Franklin
How's this?

logo.jpg

just lols. this is going to be my desktop pic when the new secretary comes into the office (read: orifice).

ok. I'll be pming everyone in this thread throughout he day! thanks for the interest!

Archived