IGNORED

Travelling across Europe

gaarg

My girlfriend and I are going backpacking for three weeks in july. We'll be travelling via rail and I was wondering if you guys have any experience on this. You know: travelling by train here, there, having not-so-much money with you and all...

We're thinkig about buying inter rail cards, so we can monouver around quite freely, but is there a better way?

Guest mrcopyandpaste

walk.

are railcards that cheap? depends where you want to go i spose, i guess from where youre starting you could stick in the zone with the most countries in and spend the least. costs more if you want to go to like italy or france or somehwere in a different zone to you

however if you float between countries that are miles away from eachother, rather than going at it logically, you can get a free nights accomodation on the train. plus its more adventurous that way. depends on how much you wanna slum it

Oh, yeah, we're going from here (Slovenia) to France and possibly to Amsterdam and back home. We're not over-adventurous I guess, but I would try all kindsa shit to cut the expanses hehe.

Railcards for three weeks will cost around 300€ per person...

Guest mrcopyandpaste

wouldnt we all

i recommend sleeping on trains if youre properly backpacking

they rock you to sleep

wouldnt we all

they rock you to sleep

:beer: you guys...

Any one of you living in the south of France, say around Carcassonne (where we want to go, because we like the board game with the same name), or Genova, Italy?

By the way, would you let my girlfriend sleep over too? She's allright.

Guest Babar
wouldnt we all

they rock you to sleep

Any one of you living in the south of France, say around Carcassonne (where we want to go, because we like the board game with the same name), or Genova, Italy?

I'm from Toulouse, Carcasonne being 60km away. It think i can offer you hospitality for a while, but i'm not sure i'll be at home during july.

Well, Urša (my gf) is the one with the initiative actually. I lived comfortably at home all my life, and I'm only now thinking about seeing stuff in other countries (I've only been in galleries in London, Vienna and München). She however want to be abroad all the time. So in all this I am the actual pussy :embrassed:

wouldnt we all

they rock you to sleep

I'm from Toulouse, Carcasonne being 60km away. It think i can offer you hospitality for a while, but i'm not sure i'll be at home during july.

Ah, I envy you, Toulouse is a nice city. I also liked Albi, which is close by, great cathedral and little Toulouse Latrec museum there iirc (this was in 1996). You should definitely visit Babar, gaarg

Guest Babar
wouldnt we all

they rock you to sleep

Ah, I envy you, Toulouse is a nice city. I also liked Albi, which is close by, great cathedral and little Toulouse Latrec museum there iirc (this was in 1996). You should definitely visit Babar, gaarg

yoou're such a traveller lumpenprol !

Anyway, gaarg, feel free to pm me

Guest mrcopyandpaste

i have this thing about all watmmers girlfriends always being super hot in my head. i want them all.

come to england you can crash my sofa and your gf can sleep on my cock ;)

genuine lol

COLOSALLOL

gaarg - hitch hiking is THE cheapest but take a big knife with you.

Guest beatfanatic
i have this thing about all watmmers girlfriends always being super hot in my head. i want them all.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

eurolines may give you a cheap option.

if you're under 25 i think you can buy a discount card.

You're probably just going to disappoint yourself.

Archived