IGNORED

black moth super rainbow

EdamAnchorman

the first track you posted is the Free Festival remix of BMSR that was on the site years ago...

and the second, I guess inspired by the guitar work but not completely ripped off, just a cleaner more minimal version is from 'Dandelion Gum', as Iain C pointed out...

ok i still am confused, how is it possible Brian E and Mileu did a remix of a song that wasn't out yet/finished yet

is Dandelion gum the song that Brian E and Mileu were remixing? and if so how did their remix go in inspiring the guitar work on it? see this time loop/pardox i've gotten myself into?

the first track you posted is the Free Festival remix of BMSR that was on the site years ago...

and the second, I guess inspired by the guitar work but not completely ripped off, just a cleaner more minimal version is from 'Dandelion Gum', as Iain C pointed out...

ok i still am confused, how is it possible Brian E and Mileu did a remix of a song that wasn't out yet/finished yet

is Dandelion gum the song that Brian E and Mileu were remixing? and if so how did their remix go in inspiring the guitar work on it? see this time loop/pardox i've gotten myself into?

BMSR put up files on their site to be remixed...

Free Festival remixed these files, and it was put on the BMSR site....

Dandelion Gum is an album...

Hope this gets you back into the correct looping pattern...

BMSR put up files on their site to be remixed...

Free Festival remixed these files, and it was put on the BMSR site....

Dandelion Gum is an album...

Hope this gets you back into the correct looping pattern...

Is Dandelion Gum the album that this song was taken from? If so how could it even be possible that the brian e and mileu remix would have inspired the guitar work? see what im doing here?

Is Dandelion Gum the album that this song was taken from? If so how could it even be possible that the brian e and mileu remix would have inspired the guitar work? see what im doing here?

yes, Dandelion Gum is the album with the track on it....

The track remixed by BE and BG was on the site about three years before Dandelion Gum came out...

I guess BMSR felt it was time to release their inspired version of BE/BG's remix...

and no I do not see what you are doing unless you are going in circles to try and say that BMSR time traveled and heard Free festival and Milieu and thought they should also be BoC inspired music...

see what I did there?

here's my account from what i remember:

tobacco posted the remix of stone steps by free festival on their bmsr myspace player (un-downloadable) in late 2006 (i think). he posted a blog or bulletin saying it was a remix for free festival. never heard anything else about the remix. dandelion gum is released in may 2007 and the song "jump into my mouth and breath the stardust" is obviously a matured version of this remix.

sounds to me like tobacco did a remix of stone steps, used the song to add some of his own things, then took stone steps out and used the track for a bmsr album.

seems like this is the bottom line for me: if you played the original "stone steps" and then "jump into my mouth and breath the stardust", there is no connection at all. the bmsr remix of stone steps (which i guess was never released or whatever), is halfway in between these two tracks.

edit: i guess you could say that the track was inspired by stone steps, but in the past bmsr do not seem to credit hardly anybody on their records so i doubt tobacco would credit something like "track 2 inspired by..."

Guest vodor

oic.

seems kosher enough.

considering the culture of sampling, reusing, and reimagining that exists within electronic music, it's pretty much par for the course.

it is also possible that he had some or most of the track lying around before he was asked to do the remix. but most of this beyond what we know will likely just be speculation unless tobacco comes on here again so who knows

• 4 weeks later...

Clearing this up once and for all:

We were gearing up for (or had just released) the first and only Free Festival CD at Benbecula. There were definitely serious talks about a remix record, including possible remixes from Christ., Prhizzm, BMSR and quite a few others. Wisp may have even been involved, I can't remember. What's important to say here is that WE approached Tom for the remix and he was really happy to oblige. The eventual dropoff of the project happened and as such, Tom had a perfectly great track on his hands that just needed a simple guitar part replaced. He let us know and we were quite honored by the gesture actually, and so there has never been any animosity pointed at anyone, nor any credit needing to be given.

Speaking of Free Festival though, Brian Ellis recently did a really wonderful remaster of the album and we're kicking around what we want to do with it. There's also about half an hour of brand new music sitting in the vaults that we may try to organize into an EP or something. Anyone interested in pressing up some Festival, please get in touch!

i saw black moth in columbus

i love the album dandelion gum but man, that show was boring/infuriating

i say infuriating because i was in the mood for some happy, feel good music, floating around

also i was on lsd. the opener, school of seven bells - they blew my mind. i am now a lifelong fan of that group.

but blackmoth - they had this attitude, you could see it in the way they played and in their stage presence.

i don't mean to be a downer but that whole set gave me bad vibes. and the shit on the screen was ridiculous, in a bad way.

whatever

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived