IGNORED

Silent movies are awesome

SR4

after a nice night of semi-partying whatever, i awoke early (my girlfriend still passed out) with nothing to do until work.....

Ive watched The hunchback of Notre Dame, and now watching the Phantom of the Opera with Lon Cheney.....and i just ordered Metropolis, M, and The Crowd from netflix.....goodness cannot wait.

silent movies are the shit....i think its because of the classical/piano soundtracks.

Guest Betty

I was at an arty party and they projected silent slapstick films onto a screen in the backyard and a guy who is really good at improvising on the piano had to do the score (although he hadn't seen the films and had to react to what he was seeing). It was great way to entertain a crowd and it's a shame that there isn't really a modern/contemporary equivalent to this.

it really is the ultimate audio visual thrill.

on a geeky note, for a minute i was thinking that the layout of silent movies are a perfect motif for the modern RPG games...the cuts, the mass movement, the prompting.....its amazing stuff.

Guest bitroast
it's a shame that there isn't really a modern/contemporary equivalent to this.

maybe something like, someone rocking out to a lemur midi controller with david letterman on mute..

Guest Betty
it's a shame that there isn't really a modern/contemporary equivalent to this.

maybe something like, someone rocking out to a lemur midi controller with david letterman on mute..

I would feel sorry for Paul Shaffer an the CBS orchestra.

Guest AOOproductions

Fritz lang is my favorite director. I always loved M, because it was like the silent film aesthetic, but using sound. So the two mediums overlapped to create something entirely unique. The scenes where the audio completely drops out are breathtaking.

Archived