IGNORED

Windows staff IM:change your e-mail address to continue signing in to the Windows Live(TM) Messenger Service.

thehauntingsoul

I got this message on msn and it points to a legit msn page:

Windows Live Messenger Service Staff says:

Important service announcement: As part of a recent system enhancement, we need you to change your e-mail address to continue signing in to the Windows Live Messenger Service.

To ensure that your access is not blocked and to learn more, go to

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/Messenger/en

What the fuck is this bullshit? Did anybody else get this?

Guest Enter a new display name

I also received this notification when I signed on Windows Live Messenger tonight. When I try to change my ID, it says I can't. This shit is confusing and useless.

i got the message, and i'm on MSN messenger (not Windows Live Messenger)

so i wonder if i'm safe? dont feel like changing my 8 year old hotmail

also says i cant change it atm

Come on, guys... the article is from 2006. It's spam.

This is what I thought at first, but this is in fact no spam. I think that Microsoft wants to get rid of all those Hotmail accounts for this "Live" thing (that has been their new trademark for the last few years). The FAQ that the notification links to mentions that it concerns companies with specific domains or something. I guess Microsoft wants the Hotmail domain to end. Maybe some of you have not received this notification because you have been signed in for hours. Could some of you sign out and sign in again in order to check if you receive this notification?

Guest Space Coyote

I once posted on a friend's MSN blog and was amused and annoyed (it was weird, let me tell you!) to find that my hotmail address was censored in the comment because it contains the word "nazis".

I looked at the page and while it seems the message is legitamite, I don't think it means down the line everyone is going to lose their @hotmail addresses. That would be a ridiculously bad move by Microsoft and likely push a large chunk of their market to Gmail accounts.

The link says http://support.microsoft.com/gp/Messenger/en but is it actually going there ? sounds like phising fun to me. My MSN messenger refuses to work for me now for some reason, it just can't log in so I've switched to aMSN (it's the only one I found that supports Windows Live webcam protocol)

The link says http://support.microsoft.com/gp/Messenger/en but is it actually going there ? sounds like phising fun to me. My MSN messenger refuses to work for me now for some reason, it just can't log in so I've switched to aMSN (it's the only one I found that supports Windows Live webcam protocol)

If you receive an important service announcement from the Windows Live Messenger Service Staff that says you must change your sign-in ID in order to continue signing into Messenger, then you're affected by this change. We recommend that you take this action immediately upon receiving the notification. The process to change your sign-in ID is simple. If you don't make this change in the near future, you'll receive an error message when signing in, and won't be able to use the Windows Live Messenger Service until you change your sign-in ID.

OH NO, THEY GOT YOU TOO!

Guest Stoppit

I installed the new version of Windows Live Messenger recently, and since I've done that it won't open my hotmail anymore. I can still go to hotmail.com obviously, but if I click the inbox tab on messenger, all I get is a blank webpage.

fucking Microsoft.

Archived