IGNORED

GPA in College and Highschool

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

I don't care what anyone says, how good you do in school really does effect your self-esteem... and can be a generally good indicator of how much motivation you have, especially if your not sure what career path you wanna go into. Now If you do have a good idea about what you wanna do, and you have a passion for something, then I really can't call you out on it because you have better things to worry about. All I know is I am happier and anyone I know is happier when your doing good in school, and this of course goes for just anything in life!

HS GPA: 2.34

College: 2.7ish

^This thread wasn't made to make you all feel inferior haha. Im doing much better now, and will probably end college around 2.8.

High School: 2.4 to 3.8. I definitely did worse the years I was into metal. I eventually dropped out.

College - I did obscenely well, graduated in the top 2% of my class, after which I continued my life as an underachiever.

Guest Pilcat

hs: ~3.6

college for engineering: ~1.7 (left after 2 years, i know i'm capable of doing it, but it's boring as fuck and i just smoked weed all the time instead of doing homework)

college for digital design: ~3.7 (so much happier now)

Guest AOOproductions
why is this in the squarepusher subforum

Because I made a fuckin mistake jerk! someone move this.

Guest IRARI
why is this in the squarepusher subforum

Because I made a fuckin mistake jerk! someone move this.

no need to call names

Guest Deep Fried Everything

big time nerd in high school... GPA: 4.0

but honestly, high school work was just so damned easy, all of it. i mean i always did my homework cause that's just what i did but very little stuff in high school was challenging .. except for calculus, though it was an AP course it was still dumbed down as it was the first year my hs offered AP calculus proper.

(i got one B in high school, though my average for that class still came out to an A and that average was what my cumulative was based on)

i got what was coming to me in college though, when i tried to go to school for computer engineering... GPA there when i switched majors was 2.85. i was at a really tough school though (university of michigan)

Guest tv_party

hs 2.4 or so college 3.2

hs: ~3.6

college for engineering: ~1.7 (left after 2 years, i know i'm capable of doing it, but it's boring as fuck and i just smoked weed all the time instead of doing homework)

college for digital design: ~3.7 (so much happier now)

Though I'd prefer finishing my art degree (graphic design) it would probably be a collosal waste of cash in addition to the fact that I realized later how much I hate advertising, so I'm considering engineering, but I'm not exactly excited about it but have a fair amount of work experience that would translate into free credits.

I can't fucking believe how much a local art school is a credit hour. almost $1000/credit hour.

So I have to ask what exactly is digital design, modeling stuff for games and movies?

went to a tiny high school, no AP classes, still jacked around and did nothing. came into my own in college, did chemical eng. wish i wouldve worked harder in high school, maybe could've had some scholarships

high school: ~2.8

undergrad: ~3.87

grad: ~3.7

Guest Renivatio
i was at a really tough school though (university of michigan)

ye, i was accepted there, but i didn't have the cash...my personal mistake. meh, the university of new mexico is pretty decent....the only thing i would call challenging are my honours courses. those are pretty tough.

my good friend who got accept'd into an assload of ivy league colleges is attending u of m for now and she's getting burnt out to hell.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

it all depends... i would've done fine in the humanities or in business (where i ended up after i transferred) but i was hanging out with friends in engineering who were much smarter and quicker with the engineering coursework than i could have hoped to have been at that point... plus it wasnt really what i wanted to do and thus i failed in the end... oh well.

u of m is all good in other respects, no matter what fred will say :shade:

Guest my usernames always really suck

graduated college with like 2.6

Didn't take the General Electives seriously because, well, they had nothing to do with my major and I seriously didn't give a shit about them.

Struggled through hell and back through the math courses required for computer science

Now I'm struggling to find a job because of lack of experience.

Guest Pilcat
So I have to ask what exactly is digital design, modeling stuff for games and movies?

That's what I want to do ideally (CGI for movies/tv/games)

The program i'm in is called Digital Design & Interactive Media. It's an associate degree (2 year) program, but I might try to get a BFA, as I already have 2 years of intense math/science college credit and enough AP credit in english/history, I could probably finish in an additional year.

anyway,

I have graphic/communication design classes which are cool, making ads and packages and shit, i've surprised myself with some of the stuff i've created, but i hate ads, my worst work was done on an airline ad last semester...fuck airlines.

I have web design classes which are pretty self-explanatory and can be interesting, and then I have video-based classes using programs like After Effects, Final Cut and Maya, which I love.

Print design can be cool, but I hate dealing with printers, my work rarely comes out looking like it does on screen.

Archived