IGNORED

i'm about to take lsd

chim

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh really? I wasn't sure, I thought maybe they were just cook books.

about 1/3rd of the book is a cook book so to speak but the other parts is autobiographical about how Shulgin went from being a DEA agent who WROTE THE DEA HANDBOOK THAT THEY STILL USE TODAY ( NO FUCKING JOKE) to discovering MDMA's psychoactive properties to becoming friends with Albert Hoffman

they are, in essence, cookbooks, well a good chunk anyway. which assume some knowledge of chemistry and the precursor chemicals generally involved in making tryptamines/phenyethylamines, ie not really a novice's domain.

but a lot of the recipes have some really lovely, extensive, and very descriptive comments from shulgin. that's the part i like - he has a way with words :)

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online...al/pihkal.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online...al/tihkal.shtml

they are, in essence, cookbooks, well a good chunk anyway. which assume some knowledge of chemistry and the precursor chemicals generally involved in making tryptamines/phenyethylamines, ie not really a novice's domain.

but a lot of the recipes have some really lovely, extensive, and very descriptive comments from shulgin. that's the part i like - he has a way with words :)

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online...al/pihkal.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online...al/tihkal.shtml

yes but ..

This is the online version of the second half of the book "PiHKAL: A Chemical Love Story" by Alexander and Ann Shulgin.

The first half (which is not online) of TiHKAL is an excellent commentary on the Shulgin's personal experiences with tryptamines. It also contains a complete cross-index into the chemicals of the second half.

i highly recommend actually reading the books themselves and not just the trip reports (which is all they list on the erowid website)

talking about drugs is so fucking boring guys

i know!!!! i'd much rather talk ceaselessly about all the awesome music made on purely analog equipment or with roland products

who said that wasnt boring too?

Guest Rambo

that's weird, i was just trying to explain to a friend how cookbook was used for names of things that weren't just actual cookbooks but i couldn't think of any examples...

Guest Pilcat
that's weird, i was just trying to explain to a friend how cookbook was used for names of things that weren't just actual cookbooks but i couldn't think of any examples...

lol anarchist's cookbook :rolleyes:

Guest glasse
talking about drugs is so fucking boring guys

i know!!!! i'd much rather talk ceaselessly about all the awesome music made on purely analog equipment or with roland products

who said that wasnt boring too?

i think you guys are onto something. how about making 303 acid lines, but while you're on acid.

it's like you drop acid, and then you drop an acid bassline.

Guest Grizz

I went out on Saturday, went to a party, went to some dubstep night and woke up at 10am with a confused feeling and a small bag of ketamine in my pocket. I've just got back from work with 3 hours before anyones back so I thought fuck it and had it in one go. I'm now going to proceed through this thread again in an elevated/shitturd state of mind.

Archived