IGNORED

The Pod Appreciation Thread

Capsaicin

The Pod is a pre-pubescent dude.

No I'm not! OneToThirtySix you should stop repeating things other, more clever WATMMers say to make yourself look clever!

Because you're not!

I used to have an issue with a lot of things that Eminem rapped about, more the rape than the murdering, and mostly because there was an undertone of "silliness," of "this is all in good fun." Yeah, I love Southpark because nothing is sacred, but the most effectively disturbing episodes of theirs have been ones where they've juxtaposed something deadly serious with something absolutely absurd (specifically, I'm thinking about the episode where Cartman gives Kyle AIDS and where Lucas and Spielberg rape Indiana Jones). The same holds true here, where the rape, murder, and general viciousness isn't nearly as tempered with a wink and a nod and when they are it only serves to keep the album from being just above the level of excessive self-indulgence.

And, even though a lot of the hate is self-inflicted on this one, I also don't feel like it's poor little rich rapper Marshall Mathers bemoaning his life, so much as forever conflicted Marshall Mathers calling himself out for his own fuck-ups and taking responsibility for his addictions, even when he's calling his mom out for feeding him vicodin with breakfast and his stepfather ass-raping him.

Serious shit, but worth a listen, just not if you're in an already fragile place, cause it WILL fuck you up.

[if you do not like it, kindly fuck off]

This thread has me thoroughly confused.

Is this a bait-and-switch depreciation thread, or an actual appreciation thread?

Honestly, I always imagine The Pod is a really skinny four-foot-nothing pale guy with horn-rimmed glasses waving his arms around whenever I read stuff like:

I'll fucking beat you within an inch of your life with a baseball bat and set your fucking house on fire.

Honestly, I always imagine The Pod is a really skinny four-foot-nothing pale guy with horn-rimmed glasses waving his arms around whenever I read stuff like:

I'll fucking beat you within an inch of your life with a baseball bat and set your fucking house on fire.

Wow! ZING! Ho HO!

What a fucking gimp. :rolleyes:

Absolutely! I love attention! I strive for it! Here, and in my "real life". I really am an attention whore. I love to be the center of attention, hell, I need to be.

Archived