IGNORED

Speakers, Headphones, Receivers

karmakramer

I am always wondering/looking for what audio equipment is currently good... and although I am pretty much flat broke at the moment I would love to hear some set-ups people currently have/want to have. So please feel free to post what you are digging currently or are looking to dig in the future.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse
Sennheiser hd-280

I've got these cans and I love them sooo much, the sound is really detailed and the bass response is really tight, stepped on them setting up shit yesterday, heard em crack twist or whatever, almost cried I was so scared I thought I broke em but they are pretty tuff, couldn't a fracture or anything.

in my 'studio' i have an old kenwood ka-2002a amp from the 70s that was handed down to me from my dad, going out to a pair of 80s teac speakers that i bought from an op shop for $8.

as for headphones, i use alessandro ms-1s in the studio, and sennheiser hd-201s in the loungeroom for when i don't want to disturb my girlfriend.

my kenwood amp has survived three interstate moves and still sounds fucking excellent. there is no way i'm ever replacing it. if it dies beyond repair, i'm going to do my best to find another identical one.

Guest Halfmanhalfrobot

i use akg k271's, beautiful sound!

for monitoring i use some yamaha hs-50m's monitors and a motu ultralite interface.

Guest ZeroHour

anyone here use sennheiser hd650s?

was thinking about buying them but would like a second opinion

from a slightly trustworthy source

oh I´d be great if someone could recommend a good (and affordable) pair of stereo- speakers! My old ones became too awful to listen to in the last years and I have no clue where to start searching..

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse
I wish I could afford these: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=500319

For listening I use my Sennheiser HD-280s and for production I use a pair of Mackie 5" monitors.

dood yah those 13 hundred dolla headphones must sound fucking amazing, im happy with my hd 280's but headphones are my favorite way to listen, play, record etc. music.

I wonder how much more immersed in the music you would be with those senn's compared to our 280s

Senn's HD-580 Pro's - lovable, but takes a lot to drive them which can be a pain.

Speakers - Vandersteen 1C's

pic:

1cmedclr.jpg

Integrated Amp - McIntosh MA 6200

pic (not mine, but you get the idea):

clientJohn-1.jpg

CDP - Massive Fail on all levels - using the Xbox at the moment which means I'm driving shit through good equipment. . . . need to get a squeezebox or something of that nature for streaming, or just a really decent CDP.

Anyone here have any experience with streaming music or digital jukeboxes? I'm always wary of quality with 'em, but don't know anyone with "hands on" experience.

Oh, also have some Technics Turntables which are ace.

For just home listening what would you guys recommend for a turntable. I was thinking I should get something I can mix with, but I think I am just going to stick with digital mixing so I don't fuck up any of my vinyl.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

for headphones i use bruce springsteen. for speakers bruce springsteen. and for receivers i use bruce springsteen

Guest Adjective

I agree Benedictumber. I recently traded out my Ja Rule 300's for a a pair of used Springsteens and i'm quite happy. I love throaty cans but the Ja's were just a bit much

Guest esquimaw

PMC TB2+s

Flying Mole Amplifiers

Sennheiser HD580

I don't need any new speakers or headphones ever again. Unless something bad happens. Or something good happens.

Computer / Vinyl turntable > 2ch numark mixer > mackie 1604vlz3 mixer > Studiophile BX8 monitors / sennheiser HD-25 headphones

Archived