IGNORED

Vladislav Delay - Tummaa

azatoth

<a href="http://www.theleaflabel.com/en/news/view/79/BWL" target="_blank">http://www.theleaflabel.com/en/news/view/79/BWL</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We are delighted to announce that we will be working with celebrated Finnish electronic composer Vladislav Delay on his next album, currently scheduled for release in late summer 2009. The new album, which features contributions from Craig Armstrong and Lucio Capese, is a far more organic, live-sounding record than any of his previous work as Vladislav Delay, reflecting his renewed interest in jazz and acoustic performance.

Delay, real name Sasu Ripatti, is one of the most innovative and influential electronic musicians of the last two decades, and we at Leaf are committed fans of his hypnotic, intricate work. Ripatti also records as Luomo and Uusitalo, and his most recent release was a collaborative album with his partner Antye Greie, under the name AGF/Delay. His last album as Vladislav Delay was 2007's under-rated Whistleblower, which, like most of his recent releases, was on his own Huume Recordings imprint (including re-issues of the classic Multila and Anima albums, originally released by Chain Reaction and Mille Plateaux respectively).

Resident in Berlin for five years until 2008, Ripatti recently moved back to his home country, and now lives on a small island in the Baltic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

more good news for fans of Sasu's stuff.

Guest Enter a new display name

I read about his upcoming album on Leaf. I simply love Vladislav Delay (particularly Whistleblower), so I have high expectations.

i am thinking this might be similar to the stuff he did as The Dolls, where Craig Armstrong was also involved in along with AGF.

also i am pretty sure there will be a reissue of his early album entain at some point.

I have never heard of The Dolls. How come I did not know about it? :(

Why is his upcoming album not on Huume, like the last 92759 albums he released?

Yeah, a reissue of Entain would be nice.

Guest telikan

There's a track presumably from this on a download code only Leaf sampler. It's very different from anything else he's done. It only sounds like electronic music as a method of composition, and not in a sound or style. Pretty much full on jazz on this one. I suppose it is kind of similar to The Dolls, but with a much more sparse mix. I honestly wasn't that into the piano playing on that album or this track, but it's not a dealbreaker.

• 2 weeks later...

a new sistol album would be ace, but i doubt that is going to happen.

this guy is criminally underrated. he quietly releases stuff that pisses all over the stuff the fanboys here are fawning over.

Guest telikan

I'm pretty sure he'd have to return to doing copious amount of dope to make another Sistol album.

• 2 weeks later...

Tracklist:

01. Melankolia

02. Kuula (Kiitos)

03. Mustelmia

04. Musta Planeetta

05. Toive

06. Tummaa

07. Tunnelivisio

I'm pretty sure he'd have to return to doing copious amount of dope to make another Sistol album.

sweet

i'd pay for the drugs for new Sistol

Is this supposed to be good?

i don't know, maybe wait for what pitchfork has to say.

personally i liked the track and the hype piece on his page about this new one made it sound interesting. i like the quirkyness of his stuff.

I love Vladislav Delay. I enjoyed all his releases, including The Dolls.

That myspace track is really nice. Very relaxing, as always.

• 4 weeks later...

grabbed this and after a quick listen, it sounds like vladislav delay with an organic twist. mustelmia stood out. as with his previous releases, this needs a proper listen to fully open. first impression; i like it.

Archived