IGNORED

The Beatles: RockBand Official Trailer

Joyrex

Guest 277: 930-933

I recently had the opportunity to see several people play this game.

It's a sad sight, seeing a grown man holding a small plastic guitar shaped controller, furiously tapping away at the buttons without a hint of embarassment.

Guest Gary C

Wow. You are shitting me. Octopus' Garden is one of the worst songs ever though, and I consider myself a Beatles fan.

Guest Gary C

Also, yeah. Fucking spending money on those plastic guitars. That's just insane.

I might consider going halves on this with a friend, or at least renting it for a house-party in the summer/autumn.

I learnt Day Tripper by ear.

Guest beatfanatic

It's a sad sight, seeing a grown man holding a small plastic guitar shaped controller, furiously tapping away at the buttons without a hint of embarassment.

I dont really understand why it would be embarrassing for a grown man to play guitar hero or rock band. I mean really its just like any other game but interactive. Unless you think grown men should not play any video games.

The game will include 45 songs on disc, ten of which have just been announced -- "I Saw Her Standing There," "I Want To Hold Your Hand," "I Feel Fine," "Taxman," "Day Tripper," Back In The USSR," "I Am The Walrus," "Octopus's Garden," "Here Comes The Sun," and "Get Back" -- with full downloadable albums being delivered later,

http://www.offworld.com/2009/06/e309-first...trailer-of.html

joyrex.. i didnt know you were a big Beatles fan.....

Erm, did you notice my avatar? :laughing:

yeah, been a big Beatles fan since before I knew who they really were - I watched that Beatles cartoon they had on TV back in the 70's and got hooked on their music via that.

I dont really understand why it would be embarrassing for a grown man to play guitar hero or rock band.

maybe the poster meant it's embarrassing for anyone regardless of age to be playing a fake plastic guitar doing real-time simon says instead of a real guitar?

I dont really understand why it would be embarrassing for a grown man to play guitar hero or rock band.

maybe the poster meant it's embarrassing for anyone regardless of age to be playing a fake plastic guitar doing real-time simon says instead of a real guitar?

I think somebody played Guitar Hero and couldn't hang with "Simon Says"...

ltd. edition officially licensed hofner bass controller and ludwig drum kit i hear will retail for about £179.00

better get in there before the collectors snap them up.

Guest beatfanatic

I dont really see anything wrong with it. Its no different than playing grand theft auto where you think you are all badass and blow shit up.

Guest beatfanatic
the english garden on the elephant's head bit is spectacular

yeah man I just saw that video and its awesome.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I dont really get these games, arent they all basically the same game but with new songs? Seems like a bit of a con. Also doesn't really look like fun. I do really like the Beatles and wish I was in them though so maybe I should buy it and whatever console and accessorys are available and some sort of huge TV

Each game bring new elements. In this one you'll have multiple vocals pass for harmonies. And it's Beatles songs. Fucking BEATLES song. In seperated audio. !!!!

yeah, it's like anything else. either you like it or you don't. also the drums can be pretty difficult and a good way of learning the basics of drumming.

Guest bitroast

i think the best thing about having a beatles themed rockband game is the inclusion of the word Fab! when you hit the right notes.

oh my, the official trailer is amazing:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1429451..._rb_trl_e3.html

That's the opening sequence to the game, I'd imagine, like all Rock Band games have.

I dont really get these games, arent they all basically the same game but with new songs? Seems like a bit of a con. Also doesn't really look like fun. I do really like the Beatles and wish I was in them though so maybe I should buy it and whatever console and accessorys are available and some sort of huge TV

Not at all - for instance, this is the first Rock Band game where you can do triple vocals, guitar, etc. Not to mention it looks like some of the objectives (the Fab! stuff) are different. Not to mention the whole "journey through their career" bit makes it much more worthy than say games like Guitar Hero: Aerosmith or Guitar Here: Metallica, which really are just Guitar Hero with band-themed tracks and the bandmembers instead of generic rockers.

Also, the "not a lot of fun" bit I would reserve judgement until you've had a proper sit down and play.

Guest 277: 930-933

I saw it happening in a public place, there were about 15 consoles set up, there was a pretty large crowd watching very closely, as if in awe, at some of the players.

The crowd was also made up of mostly grown men.

Maybe I should lighten up, there's nothing wrong with playing (computer) games but this sight just somehow bothered me a bit.

And I stand by the opinion that some activities call for a (slightly) embarassed look, especially when you're in a public place.

Archived