IGNORED

Best 2009 IDM so far

Guest joshier

Guest Adjective

i'm loving the new Aphex Twin demo rich uploaded to the lifetime members forum but i'm not allowed to describe it

Guest joshier
i'm loving the new Aphex Twin demo rich uploaded to the lifetime members forum but i'm not allowed to describe it

what are you taking about.

Guest Aces

I think you'll find he's obviously talking bollocks.

I just kind of came to the realization that pretty much nothing I have really enjoyed this year can be considered IDM. The Remano Eszildn and Clark releases had some good tracks I suppose but it has become really apparent to me this year how dated classic IDM sounds and how little of it is around anymore.

There's still a lot of great music that has elements of IDM in the wonky and dubstep scenes though. Stuff like Flying Lotus, Martyn, Joker, Harmonic 313, and Nosaj Thing all have elements of what made IDM cool with a new spin on things.

If we're just going for the classic sound, then my vote goes to either Clark - Distant Father Torch or Remano Eszildn - Listening Picture.

Guest abusivegeorge

www.watmm.com

Guest Ominous

not specifically the track that i wanted to show off; but the whole ep is really good! fuck it, i'm considering it idm.

Guest grue

i also really liked the new SND album, as well as Pixel's 'The Drive' (RN in general has been pretty good). i'm also really enjoying the Nosaj Thing album (Drift), which reminds me of mu-ziq's duntisbourne, only much better. there have actually been a number of good electronic albums so far this year (pendle coven, warehouse sessions if it counts, mokira, the field, intrusion, martyn, variant), but i guess most of them aren't really idm

not specifically the track that i wanted to show off; but the whole ep is really good! fuck it, i'm considering it idm.

Glad to see Bullion get some love on Watmm.

If you guys like Bullion you should check out Paul White.

Archived