IGNORED

2 Japs - $134 billions in a suitcase

Guest Babar

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
allowed you dumb shit

sorry for being a foreigner

don't apologize , i commend you for not being an OCD laden concerned about perfect typing douche bag

hey i had ocd and look hao mie tieping werked aot .. ;-] ...

-you don't ahve to walk far in this life before you offend somebody ;-] ..

is saying jap on this forum a lot more socially acceptable than saying nigger

How is Jap offensive? Makes no fucking sense. Also while we're on the topic, how is Jew offensive?

We can't just get lazy and abbreviate now?

Because it was used as a derogatory term to describe Japanese people. The common belief was that "Japs" were inhuman and savage (as in lacking restraint, not lacking civilisation).

i have to say this is one of the first time i've been genuinely surprised by the ignorance of watmm. It has been very common knowledge through out my life that 'jap' is a derogatory racist term for Japanese people.

it's one thing to say 'thats not offensive to me or any japanese people i know' but to not even be privy to it's historical context or previous usage is just well pretty surprising considering if you've been taught history in a public American school.

of course it's offensive. history shows that to be true.

and while it probably does say something about the education system, if a kid isn't aware of it's negative connotation... it also says something about the fact that they don't hear people saying racist shit like that... which is a good thing.

Just to put an optimistic spin on things.

i understand the historical context ie: 2 generations earlier called them 'japs' .. but don't understand the hysteria ... it's just not an issue here in oz ... prob. cause we had other less mundane words used to label the enemy from the north ...

then again perhaps from the japanese perspective there is a problem .. but i have never once noticed it pointed out to us through the media ...

I just love how an abbreviation of a nationality is the equivalent slur to saying nigger.

Words change, language is flexible.

I just love how an abbreviation of a nationality is the equivalent slur to saying nigger.

Words change, language is flexible.

heheheh .. flexible .. (soz. .. just having a goatse moment) ..

fun fact: taking the last syllable off another country and it is also a popular derogatory. Chink is considered a racist term for Chinese which also not surprisingly has it's historical roots in American racism from the chinese railroad worker days.

Archived