IGNORED

Scientific journals

Guest joshier

Guest joshier

Does anyone know about how to access scientific journals? I tried to sign up to one of them but couldn't actually download any of the papers.

Guest Franklin

journals are hella expensive dude. most are a couple hundred dollars a year. best bet is through a university library. Also, Rambo seems to be on to something... perhaps you could google maps a university library and zoom in on other people reading them.

I know that you can get an account through your local library and then access them over the internet for free. We had to do this at a community college I used to go to. IDK about the UK though

Guest Coalbucket PI

without an institution pass its basically much too expensive for anyone to do privately, I think public libraries may allow access though.

because they contain decades of research in each volume.

anyway they are not meant to be bought by individuals but by libraries and research institutes. go to one and you'll have acces for free.

Guest joshier

anyway they are not meant to be bought by individuals but by libraries and research institutes. go to one and you'll have acces for free.

I'm really not sure that my library will have one. they are very old fashioned. I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

I'm really not sure that my library will have one. they are very old fashioned. I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

not in any library, look in an university library, in one specialized in whatever subject you are looking into.

depending on the field those expensive scientific journals aren't as important as they used to. many researchers just put their papers online (or drafts, if the article happens to be in one of those expensive journals). but again, this greatly depends on the field.

Archived