cilantro (corriander leaves)

Fred McGriff

what is your opinion of this herb  

69 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• I love it
    • I hate it
    • I am indifferent to it

I like it cause it's so versatile -- it goes awesomely on Mexican, Thai and Japanese dishes.

We just bought some cilantro seeds this weekend. In a few days, I'm going to dig up my upstairs neighbor's plants in the backyard and plant them (the seeds) because they (the neighbors) tromp around on their old, wooden bedroom floors from the moment our heads hit the pillow at night to three hours before our alarm is set to go off -- bitches!

Never grown herbs from seeds before but really excited to give it a shot yo!

edit: pronoun disambiguation

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have some cilantro growing now (potted) but it's not doing so well. it's been theorized that it would do better in soil; encey, let us know how it goes!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

probably my favorite flavour. love it. better than garlic but why do we need to compare?

I'll keep you updated. It only recently has been warm enough for the seeds to survive ... plus I was too lazy to do it earlier. It's going to be warm long enough, I hope, for them to produce some yields. We're also gonna plant sweet & Thai basil. *crosses dick*

*golf fap*

i actually told my wife a few months ago to post on watmm in the event of my death

i'm gonna tell my wife not to post about my death. in your hearts i could live on

Guest 277: 930-933

Cilantro is a Goddess among herbs, I imagine her to be Garlic's wife in the herb mythology.

Fuck making people choose between cilantro and garlic, it's like one of those retarded questions like, hey would you rather be deaf or garlic?

If

^ Interesting thought. Is there a Zeus of herb mythology? Is the underworld that of psychedelics? Who's Posiedon?

Guest Stoppit
love it but had no idea you called coriander cilantro.

Same. I am a culinary ignoramus.

Also, I put too much of it in a curry once, and it did not taste good.

Guest 277: 930-933
^ Interesting thought. Is there a Zeus of herb mythology? Is the underworld that of psychedelics? Who's Posiedon?

It's difficult to establish a Zeus of herbs and spices...

Garlic would be Thor (for obvious reasons).

Salt could be Poseidon.

I like the idea of a psychedelic Underworld.

love it but had no idea you called coriander cilantro.

Same. I am a culinary ignoramus.

its not the same thing. same plant. cilantro is the leaves and coriander is from the seeds. maybe. we had this discussion before.

Archived