IGNORED

Does WATMM like chiptunes?

boris

no worries - micromusic is really cool - pretty old school site actually....i used to hang with "tryst" from there sometimes... she puts on their london nights and is good mates with Lektrogirl...

speaking of Lektrogirl - you should check out her album on Rephlex - good chip music.

The mega drive/genesis sound chip was so special. I think the Sonic games pretty much had the monopoly on awesome video game music, if I find some gooduns I'll post them on here...

I'm gonna go ahead and be the black sheep and say I don't care for chip tunes.

There are many talented artists out there, but I think too many of the other type rely on the chip tune sound as a gimmick "oh this is cool, it sounds like nintendo."

I've messed around with sid chips and yeah the novelty of recreating all those memorable lazer and explosions sounds is enjoyable, but beyond that I think that composers are just being lazy with sound design and relying too much on nostalgia.

i agree, when i am booked for gigs i make sure i am not marketed as the nintendo guy, but it's really easy to capture peoples nostalgia

i love including elements of video game sounding shit in my music, just like the tones...

i once made a slow like 80s breakdancing beat out of a lot of old nintendo sounds..played it once at a show and a few people danced like crazy to it....great moment for me.

also, Ghostbusters, have you heard Soundmurderer's Logical Volume Identifier? amazing mix of videogame sounds and professionally produced beats...its a heavenly track.

Archived