IGNORED

Hot weather and Africans

Guest theSun

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms
you guys ever notice how black people aren't actually black? it's pretty crazy, right?

but seriously, black people's skin doesn't get hotter in the sun than white people's skin. most of the heat you feel being absorbed by dark clothing comes from ultraviolet/infrared rays that are well beyond the visible light spectrum. dark skin doesn't absorb any more of that infrared light than lighter skin does because in the infrared spectrum light and dark skin aren't all that far apart in the grand scheme. it might actually absorb less, since the pigment in the skin protects more against ultraviolet rays.

finally someone has said something in this thread that makes some sense.

Guest thanksomuch

i had an interesting convo with my eye doctor about pale blue eyes once (as i have them). I had mentioned to him that i had heard that people with lighter color eyes have more eye problems. He said, that like fair skinned people, the eye and skin have less of a defence against the sun's rays and are more apt to suffer from things like cancer.

Guest theSun
you guys ever notice how black people aren't actually black? it's pretty crazy, right?

but seriously, black people's skin doesn't get hotter in the sun than white people's skin. most of the heat you feel being absorbed by dark clothing comes from ultraviolet/infrared rays that are well beyond the visible light spectrum. dark skin doesn't absorb any more of that infrared light than lighter skin does because in the infrared spectrum light and dark skin aren't all that far apart in the grand scheme. it might actually absorb less, since the pigment in the skin protects more against ultraviolet rays.

finally someone has said something in this thread that makes some sense.

so the temperature difference would be negligible then

i had an interesting convo with my eye doctor about pale blue eyes once (as i have them). I had mentioned to him that i had heard that people with lighter color eyes have more eye problems. He said, that like fair skinned people, the eye and skin have less of a defence against the sun's rays and are more apt to suffer from things like cancer.

I love eye doctors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color#Mate_preference

Some studies have suggested that blue eyed men prefer blue eyed women due to the trait's recessive inheritance.[29] Under this theory, because blue eyed couples are likely to produce blue eyed offspring, males are more confident in the child's paternity.

Hahaha.

Guest my usernames always really suck

You're just butthurt because you lost $50 in a sun-staring contest aren't you.

Guest thanksomuch
who the fuck sunburns their eyes, jesus christ

everyone is a fucking pussy these days.

You're just butthurt because you lost $50 in a sun-staring contest aren't you.

oh man Watmm is making me giggle more then it has in ages. thanks guys!

Archived