IGNORED

I rescued a dog

OneToThirtySix

alternately, you could come up with a novel way to euthanize it and congratulate yourself on sparing it from needless suffering

one of my co-workers visited me in Shanghai and became some sort of pet saviour. The first week he picks up a stray kitten from a nearby park, brings it back to the office. A week later, he kidnaps a (clearly) stray dog that was just kind of trotting around sniffing garbage and minding his own business. So fastforward a few more weeks, the cat has been living in a cardboard box in my apartment, shitting and pissing in the box and stinking the place up. The dog also reeks of dog. My friend has this grandiose plan to return to the US with both the cat and dog. Of course he never bothered to check regulations BEFORE he "rescued" the animals from their fate - turns out it's a huge hassle and expensive to boot. So the kitten dies of some kitten disease, and before my friend leaves he forces the dog upon one of our Chinese employees, who says he has a friend who could take him in. Have no idea how the dog is doing now, and guess what, after returning to the US my co-worker never asked.

I'm really surprised there are strays running around in Shanghai... you'd think the restaurants would be out looking for their dailies for the lunch rush...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod

find out if the dog is familiar with excel. when i find animals walking around i put them to work. i had a gerbil file my taxes last year.

Guest idrn

"I don't know if anybody knows what the apt's I live in are like, but it's basically like a three-story ghetto/nursing home."

Oh OK, everyone except you in your building is too poor/black to care for a dog. Get a load of yourself, man. Do you really live in such fear of your neighbours?

took the words out of my mouth. that has to be the most pathetic reason not to look for the owners.

then again, it is scientific fact that 90% of dogs owned by black or old people are either shot, raped or mistakenly put in a tumble dryer.

Guest tv_party

took the words out of my mouth. that has to be the most pathetic reason not to look for the owners.

then again, it is scientific fact that 90% of dogs owned by black or old people are either shot, raped or mistakenly put in a tumble dryer.

It's obviosly an handicap otherwise Sub-Saharan Africa wouldn't be the shithole it is. If you dipshits actually knew blacks you would know they go apeshit in the summer.

I tried to rescue a bird that had a broken leg one day. It was sitting on the beach, and the tide was coming in. I called animal rescue [even though I knew they would probably just kill it anyway since it was cheaper than to try and patch up its leg], but I waited like an hour and a half in the rain for those fuckers to show up and they never did.

Then the tide came in and swept the bird away.

R.I.P.

Guest Iain C

Found the dog a home, so this is all a moot point now.

"Already sold the watch I stole, so whether anyone misses it is a moot point now"

Guest 277: 930-933

I tried to rescue a bird that had a broken leg one day. It was sitting on the beach, and the tide was coming in. I called animal rescue [even though I knew they would probably just kill it anyway since it was cheaper than to try and patch up its leg], but I waited like an hour and a half in the rain for those fuckers to show up and they never did.

Then the tide came in and swept the bird away.

R.I.P.

What kept you from at least moving the bird so it didn't get swept away, and maybe trying to take the bird to a shelter yourself instead of calling animal rescue to come for it?

Why aren't you helping the bird?

i'm pretty sure it's apostrophe because it's possessive

How are those Canadian schools working out for you?

What kept you from at least moving the bird so it didn't get swept away, and maybe trying to take the bird to a shelter yourself instead of calling animal rescue to come for it?

Why aren't you helping the bird?

The bird had this really long reach and pecked at anything that came within a three foot radius. I didn't have a stick or anything to move it with, either. I just went for a walk on the beach and happened upon it. That thing would have tore my hands up. I mean, I would have loved to have helped the poor thing, but I'm not going to sacrifice my hands to do it.

How are those Canadian schools working out for you?

i've probably forgotten more than 50 percent of the stuff i learnt in school, so...

Archived