IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2 (Call of Duty 6)

Joyrex

I feel sorry for my UK-based brethren, as you will be paying the highest you've probably ever paid for a regular edition of a game - Modern Warfare 2 will be 55quid (95USD) when it comes out, for the standard edition, and the "Prestige Edition" (that comes with working night-vision goggles will be 120GBP (195USD), versus the 60USD and 150USD respectively we'll be paying.

Guest awkwardsilence

Sure, it's slightly more than the regular game, but I don't see anyone not buying it because of a couple extra notes.

It's still going to sell like hotcakes.

Funny to see you US guys getting upset over $50-60 videogame prices when the regular price for a game here in Norway is $80-90.

wtf working night vision goggles? like, to use while you play the game?

No, just a bonus item incentive for ordering the premium edition of the game.

Sure, it's slightly more than the regular game, but I don't see anyone not buying it because of a couple extra notes.

It's still going to sell like hotcakes.

Funny to see you US guys getting upset over $50-60 videogame prices when the regular price for a game here in Norway is $80-90.

I typically pay 20-30USD for games (used, or marked down) - I rarely ever pay full price (60USD) for a game unless it's a new release and is must-have.

The exchange rate is just more favourable for us, I guess...

i get the game for a measly £35 from game coz i pre ordered it like 12 months ago and the price went up but i pay the same price as it was when i ordered it. schor!!!

noice

Guest olson

i wish i had cash to throw around to buy those nvgs. i wonder how good they are. if they work at least decently i could have so much fun with them shits.

If they make that cool high pitched sound like in Splinter Cell, then I'll definitely get the special edition package.

Guest countchocula

i get the game for a measly £35 from game coz i pre ordered it like 12 months ago and the price went up but i pay the same price as it was when i ordered it. schor!!!

noice

I highly doubt they will be fully functioning FLIR goggles. The price would be astronomical if they did. I am not saying the goggles won't be decent, I am sure they will serve their purpose. Just don't expect MGS/Splinter Cell results. They might make the noise though.

Activision can do what they want with the price because they know people will buy Modern Warfare 2 no matter what.

When I bought COD4 about six months ago I paid pretty much full price which means that the game was sold at full price for almost a year and a half (it was released in 2007 if I remember correctly) and people were still buying it.

Guest olson

Activision can do what they want with the price because they know people will buy Modern Warfare 2 no matter what.

When I bought COD4 about six months ago I paid pretty much full price which means that the game was sold at full price for almost a year and a half (it was released in 2007 if I remember correctly) and people were still buying it.

i bought it right after christmas 07 for $40. it was marked as $60 too but when i went to pay for it i found out it was on sale. that was cool

Apparently HMV have "exclusive rights" to distribute prestige edition in the UK, so it looks as though they'll be the only people to get it from if you want it.

SOURCE: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/hmv-bags-modern-warfare-2-prestige-uk-exclusive

There seems to more and more of these exclsuive publsihing deals happening in Europe recently which are quite annoying:

- what with Ghostbusters coming out on PS3 before 360 in Europe, US unaffected (. No doubt that Phil Harrison had something to do with that.

SOURCE: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/multiplatform-ghostbusters-release-for-us-in-june

- and with Tony Hawk's RIDE, which was slated as a 360 exclusive for UK only (seemed weird at the time), but was later that day retracted it as a PR error. That pleased SONY I'm sure.

SOURCE: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/new-tony-hawk-title-is-xbox-360-exclusive-in-uk

SOURCE: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/activision-apologises-for-tony-hawk-blunder

Archived