IGNORED

Aphex opinion on merzbow?

Friendly Foil

he likes merzbow

i thought he once mentioned merzbow to be the most /interesting/innovative/original electronic musician, or something like that

can't find that interview, but i found this one where he mentions him, on page 6, saying "If merzbow was in the charts, i wouldn't like him anymore."

pdf:

http://www.aphextwin.nu/images/interviewsarticles/afx_interview_by_heiko.pdf

i also found this quote

Richard has stated in many interviews that he listens to the Japanese experimental musician Merzbow.

so, yeah, i guess

Guest Retrig

he went on tour with satanstornade so he seems to like him

Not saying you're not right, but by that reasoning he likes the Sneaker Pimps too. He doesn't.

Guest spraaaa

any 10 seconds of merzbow sounds like shit but it's cool because any other 10 seconds of it sounds like shit in a totally different way

• 2 weeks later...

he has one:

Wenn Merzbow in den Charts wäre, würde es mir nicht mehr gefallen. Ein paar Leute wollen nicht machen, was alle anderen machen. Das ist ganz einfach. (lacht.)

"If Merzbow would be in the charts, I wouldnt like it anymore. A few people don't want to do, what others do. Its just like that. (laughs)"

http://xltronic.com/...602030994.shtml

I didnt realize that interview was in german only? its a must read. Featuring The Jenkinsons, Radiohead, Madonna, Björk, Kylie Minogue, prepared piano on drukqs, etc.

(although some of it wont be big news to anyone I suppose)

Archived