IGNORED

Who likes to circuit-bend?

Arc2

are you kidding? Autechre used the SK1 all the time. Those drums on Reniform Puls? SK1. The bass in Parhelic Triangle? SK1. The voice at the start of 90101-5l-L? You better fuckin believe that's an SK1

what i meant was that it allowed anyone with $100 including 5 year old children who got one for christmas to make music like the art of noise. Autechre was right to adore the SK1, it is a very versatile machine but to use an SK1 won't make you sound like Autechre unless you want to, and in my case i could see why someone would make that type of joke.

Did Autechre say they used the SK1 on those tracks? because those drums. they could be any number of casios from that era. The only provable instance of an sk1 in an Autechre track is it is used several times in the Legofeet record you can hear the end sample capture chime.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spraaaa

any recs for where to buy a bunch of switches? I remember a really good guide somewhere that said what to search for and you could get them in bulk on ebay, forgot what the specific kinds were called though.

any recs for where to buy a bunch of switches? I remember a really good guide somewhere that said what to search for and you could get them in bulk on ebay, forgot what the specific kinds were called though.

I get a good amount of my stuff from allelectronics.com. Check their sales, sometimes they have grab-bags of 10 random switches for $1. Just a few good switches in one bag makes it worth it.

Guest ezkerraldean

i fucking love the SK1. i got mine as a birthday present as a kid, nearly sold the thing in a carboot sale before i got into teh IDMz and realised how amazing it was. it's totally fried now sadly.

actually that makes it even more bendable, since i have nothing to lose if i mess it up.

*runs off to steal reel of copper wire*

never really tried bending an actual instrument. i've messed around with wires and components and shit to make shiny new sounds but never actually altered an existing instrument. awesome.

the SK1's all over Lego Feet, and one of the SK1 beeps is in one of the Cichlisuite tracks. Dopplereffekt use a whole SK1 loop in one of their tracks.

this one time i took apart a fake nintendo DS, fitted a 1/4" jack, and poked it until it stopped working. currently my only circuit bending experience although i totally managed to sample like 2 decent sounds from it before it packed in

Archived