IGNORED

ISO: music inspired by traditional Japanese music

Guest Mr Salads

Guest Mr Salads

I am looking for a quality in music that is taken from traditional japanese music. By "traditional" I mean stuff with plucky guitar sounds and a woman going "wooyyyy" kind of like in Blade Runner.

Let's have some suggestions.

Guest Mr Salads

ghost in the shell ost - own it but yes this is definitely in the same ballpark in terms of sound. Need those female vocals.

Guest joshier

ghost in the shell ost - own it but yes this is definitely in the same ballpark in terms of sound. Need those female vocals.

Oh, is this to sample from or just to listen to? I know some very good VST's for choirs if you need some.

Guest Mr Salads

Oh, is this to sample from or just to listen to? I know some very good VST's for choirs if you need some.

No just to listen to. I use the word "need" quite liberally

I am looking for a quality in music that is taken from traditional japanese music. By "traditional" I mean stuff with plucky guitar sounds and a woman going "wooyyyy" kind of like in Blade Runner.

i have actually made a lot of music in this style cutting up and recycling old traditional japanese music

here is a track you may enjoy -

http://fluorescentgrey.rpmchallenge.com/music/2009/20178/20507/03%20kabuki%2Emp3

lots of guttural japanese female vocal sounds in this one, i can let you know where the source material is from as well

Funny I was just listening to one of Awepittance's tracks called Kabuki2Step_rough. I guess that was a rough draft. Still it was pretty damn interesting.

Anyways, I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, cause it has no vocals, but check these out:

North Korean Kayagum Ensemble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h7RBuaGkSU

Pachelbel's Canon updated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9L825lI-DY

Guest Mr Salads

i have actually made a lot of music in this style cutting up and recycling old traditional japanese music

here is a track you may enjoy -

http://fluorescentgrey.rpmchallenge.com/music/2009/20178/20507/03%20kabuki%2Emp3

lots of guttural japanese female vocal sounds in this one, i can let you know where the source material is from as well

Yeah! Not bad man! It reminds me of the gutteral stuff matthew barney used for Drawing Restraint 9. This isn't as elegant (if thats the word) as perhaps the stuff I'm looking for, but its still very cool.

i know what you mean the track is pretty chaotic, i can try to find for you the source materials i used. the vocal source material especially is some of my favorite japanese traditional music. I am a pretty hardcore collector of the stuff but i never bothered to pay attention to the names it's all my other computer and will share it soon.

I've been meaning to see Drawing Restraint 9 after i heard it was based around Kabuki theater. I also collect videos of traditional kabuki and nagauta performances, i would love to find more of them though, do you know of a place to watch these chenGOD?

Funny I was just listening to one of Awepittance's tracks called Kabuki2Step_rough. I guess that was a rough draft. Still it was pretty damn interesting.

it still is a rough draft, it's a little closer to being finished now. i had a guy play viola over it, i ended up cutting most of what he did (since he literally played for 12 minutes over the thing).

Guest Mr Salads

Anyways, I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, cause it has no vocals, but check these out:

North Korean Kayagum Ensemble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h7RBuaGkSU

Duuuuuude. Yeeeessss. What is that instrument? God that's great. I need more of that stuff! I need a CD of that, immediately. Really impressive, epic sound.

Salads: the instrument is called a kayagum. It's a 12 string korean zither.

Awepittance: Sorry, can't really help you out, although I can respect kabuki, I don't really watch much of it because I don't understand a lot of the stories (or the parables they are supposed to convey). Maybe if I understood Japanese better.

Guest Mr Salads

Wow, this is one cool instrument.

3WLQEBnaoIk

This is really crazy. I love it. We just need some female vocals in there. And we're set.

Guest Mr Salads

Getting closer...

Obon dance.

Traditional Japanese dance where people are welcoming the spirits of their ancestors back to their hometowns, every August.

This is a recorded obon dance. the music is fantastic.

Archived