IGNORED

A standalone sampler for cheap?

solarion

i own a electribe emx-1 and my songs needed more sounds so i bought a akai mpc500 and i also have a akai xr20 to sample as far as more beats go. i also bought a 2gb compact flash card to the go with the mpc500 to hold more sounds and the akai exm 128mb memory card to upgrade the 16mb internal memory in the mpc500 so i can record samples into mpc then edit what i want. now i'm saving up for a dsi tetra then my hardware setup will be complete. i also use a furman power conditioner to protect my hardware during bad weather. after i buy a dsi tetra then i'll buy a novation remote sl mkII's and a eventide eclipse if i can find one used on ebay.

mpc500/mpc1000: you can record into it and manipulate what's recorded and sequence your samples while sequencing midi sound modules as well.

electribe esx-1: has a ton of effects and if i remember correctly you can sequence midi sound modules with the 2 synth parts it offers but lacks drum parts/sample parts and you can jam while recording your jams by tweaking it's knobs into a soundcard with a wave editor then cut the samples up from there and use a computer sequencer to sequence the samples you like that you've cut up or...

!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY A MPC AND A ESX-1 !!!

more tools, more possiblities.

beans and cornbread flatulence money = more music with less writers block

i want a esx-1 too, but the main reason i bought a mpc500 is because i had inhouse credit with musicians friend and found one being sold from musiciansbuy.com for $499 and musicians friend had a deal with sennheiser headphones and a $10 beatport gift card for $599 and everyone else online was selling it for $599 so i got a deal. i needed a pair of headphones to listen to music on my internet pc anyway.

if you want to sequence midi synth modules and create beat loops go for the mpc1000.

Guest spraaaa

electribe esx-1: has a ton of effects and if i remember correctly you can sequence midi sound modules with the 2 synth parts it offers but lacks drum parts/sample parts and you can jam while recording your jams by tweaking it's knobs into a soundcard with a wave editor then cut the samples up from there and use a computer sequencer to sequence the samples you like that you've cut up or...

do the newer electribe samplers also have synth parts or are you confusing the esx with the emx?

I used to have the es-x (the old sampler) and now I have the ea-1 (the old synth). either one is cool to use with an mpc, you can record all the knob motions on it, but the synth complements a sampler better imo.

do the newer electribe samplers also have synth parts or are you confusing the esx with the emx?

I used to have the es-x (the old sampler) and now I have the ea-1 (the old synth). either one is cool to use with an mpc, you can record all the knob motions on it, but the synth complements a sampler better imo.

i havn't read the manual and i'm guessing the two synth parts (keyboard parts) are for use with a external sound module unless you can play synth samples with the black and white keyboard style pads. i'm pretty sure there is no synth built in the esx-1.

i got an email from korg not too long ago about what i liked about my emx and korg asked about what i would like added onto a future version of a more improved electribe. the only thing that would have made the synth parts better would be for them to add ADSR knobs for each synth part.

mpc's are more than a sampler. same with the electribes, they both have midi sequencers. if you want something that is JUST a sampler then you'll want a rack sampler ( which are very cheap nowadays )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

esx is a sampler (hence the "s") meaning you have to "record" sounds into it to make noises with.

emx is an analogue modelling synth and drum machine groovebox. the sounds are generated using analogue modelling synthesis and some samples of drum hits. you cannot record anything into the emx.

Archived