IGNORED

Kids TV box

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

See my avatar.

The original polski moomins ('77-'82) is not just my favourite kids programme ever but very likely my favourite TV show of all time.

In the far off mystical land known as 1983 when it first aired on UK telly, i use to have to run 3/4 of a mile every day to get home from junior school in time to catch the next 5 minute episode.

How i didn't post this in the best TV show intros of all time i do not know.

WARNING: contains distressing scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=752W0mrvP5w

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

How about the old Look and Read programmes for schools? Geordie Racer, Through the Dragon's Eye, Earth Warp.... and of course their accompanying BBC Micro games!

fucking A!!! geordie racer and wizbit(the flying blue screen thing right?) were forced on us at primary school.

geordie racer theme tune!!!

through the dragon's eye sounds familiar

unrelated but i also loved knightmare. side step to the right lol

Mm, when I was well young I remember watching Button Moon, Fantastic Max (a sorta cartoon film which nobody but me has seen. I'm starting to think I dreamt it), Rosie and Jim, Art Attack...

Uh...

A weird show called Zap! I think it was... had a comic strip look to it.

I've never been taken that much by cartoons weirdly enough. Except for the worst cartoon ever made:

HoXkCr8xqpxwoucvkZYJVraqo1_400.jpg

Line break.

Which I loved.

How about the old Look and Read programmes for schools? Geordie Racer, Through the Dragon's Eye, Earth Warp.... and of course their accompanying BBC Micro games!

fucking A!!! geordie racer and wizbit(the flying blue screen thing right?) were forced on us at primary school.

geordie racer theme tune!!!

through the dragon's eye sounds familiar

unrelated but i also loved knightmare. side step to the right lol

incorrect... wizbit was Paul Daniels mincing about inside a piece of conical yellow foam, who was best friends with a retarded homosexual rabbit.

wizbit.jpg

i dunno what you're thinking of ... maybe wordy the floating typewriter golfball???

look2.jpg

Guest Iain C

I once heard a great recording of Charles Collingwood who played Wordy reciting an anecdote at some public event. He was playing a man having sex with a much younger girl, the actress young enough to have heard him in Look and Read, and at the end of filming a sex scene she turned to him and said "I never thought I'd be shagged by Wordy!"

I guess you had to hear it... can't find it now!

Guest mrcopyandpaste

See my avatar.

The original polski moomins ('77-'82) is not just my favourite kids programme ever but very likely my favourite TV show of all time.

In the far off mystical land known as 1983 when it first aired on UK telly, i use to have to run 3/4 of a mile every day to get home from junior school in time to catch the next 5 minute episode.

How i didn't post this in the best TV show intros of all time i do not know.

WARNING: contains distressing scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=752W0mrvP5w

Oh LUDD, that was amazing <3

Guest nene multiple assgasms

pee wee's playhouse

picture pages

kids incorporated

you can't do that on television

turbo teen

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

after my ridiculous comment yesterday that we didnt import many kids shows on UK tv i then realise the hours and hours i'd watch roadrunner and all that kinda stuff. so i take it back we imported shitloads. good shit too. animaniacs, ducktales.

ducktales made me remember - count duckula!!!!! english i think

Archived