IGNORED

Great Interview with Mike Judge On Fresh Air Weekend

Joyrex

Heard this on the radio this weekend while cutting the grass - really good interview with him, and I was sad to hear that KotH is ending on Sept. 13th, and The Goode Family was cancelled:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112203927

Guest blicero

how embarrassing for Terry Gross... she called it "Beavis OR Butthead"

I love Mike Judge, but I HATE HATE HATE King of the Hill.

i used to hate it .. i still dislike the soap like sensibility of it all ...but a flatmate comes from a flatout rightwing background and avidly watches so even though i still don't watch it .. nor agree with his naive politics ... i have come to somewhat warm to the series overall ...

it'snotsobadyollrightaboutnaoyarhere

I find King of the Hill to be one of the last cartoons out there that I give a crap about. It's really brilliant, truly it is, just give it the time of day. It's subtle approach to comedy and characters are what keep me coming back.

I really enjoyed that interview, well really just hearing Mike Judge speak.

I was reading yesterday Mike Judge would possibly bring back Beavis & Butthead, but in their old age.

I find King of the Hill to be one of the last cartoons out there that I give a crap about. It's really brilliant, truly it is, just give it the time of day. It's subtle approach to comedy and characters are what keep me coming back.

Exactly. King of the Hill is a brilliant comedy that seems to be so misunderstood....I think a lot of trumped up people watch these stereotypical hillbillies and say, "This isn't funny, they are acting how I expect them to act" but there is so much more to it than that.

Take away your predispositions and stop expecting gag humor like the Simpsons or Family Guy. KOTH is a very different, more nuanced and subtle beast.

Archived