IGNORED

For the Tormented Creative Types

sneaksta303

i always thought a good metaphor is more that you're exploring this infinite realm of possibilities... not fashionising something new from the ether, but going traveling (ie. going through the process of creativity) and finding something interesting to show everyone else.

I think of it as rewording other works with your personality and color. Personally, writing music is kind of like expressing my personality sonically.

And I like the idea of trying to one-up yourself. Keeps you fresh, and if it destroys you, I think maybe you're taking it too seriously.

i think suffering for your art can really turn out to be a good thing. when i'm in the depths of a creative binge, five hours into a track, i almost always am in some sort of delusional state of mind. it sucks but when you get to listen to that track for the rest of your life, it really seems to be worth it.

i look at creativity as being like channeling existence into a form. it's like taking all this excess unconscious energy and speaking the words of some spiritual entity into whatever form.

What she talks about has gotta work! At least if you finished grade school. If you are a grown up individual she just talks semi lol trash.

There's always responsibility, emotional drama, stress, even morbidness when one is involved with researching his own self through expressing in art, but goddamn it isn's gonna be simple, that's the thrill of it! Besides, when you get pro on your work you're supposed to control personal "activity" at least to a degree.

I believe that without all the internal drama you get for meddling with philosophy, psychology or just with not achiving what you hoped to achieve in due time it wouldn't be a very lively experience, now would it?

2 euro cents,

placing fears & anxieties of failing, certain thoughts outside of yourself, by blaming your actions on 'otherworldly' phenomenons can be a dangerous thing. This way you're not responsible, but something else. It is important to keep in mind that whatever unknown truth there is in the paranormal inspiration, you are still the major deciding factor & you have the power within to overcome your fears, direct the outcome.

I was thinking something similar when I watched it. I would like full credit for my failures and my successes. If the work is terrible, then I should strive to be better. This has a lot of stress attached to it, but what doesn't kill you, etc.

Really guys? You think there is some mystical magical force guiding your creative efforts?

:crazy:

Sounds to me she's found her own solution to dealing with her own problem (that being: success), and that solution is to make something up (or at least shift careers from writing to motivational speaker).

Personal responsibility is the key to both the good and the bad in the world, not magical external forces. Humbly take credit for the good you've done, and accept responsibility for the bad.

Archived