IGNORED

Post your favourite beer

jeremymacgregor87

s_hobgoblin-beer.jpg

I like all of the Wychwood ales.

But I go through stages. The past six months I've mainly been drinking Amstel, before that it was Becks Vier and then Guinness during the winter.

I've had a resurgent taste for Guinness over the past few weeks, so I think I'll move back into stouts and ales for the winter. I just wish I could afford Guinness. At £3+, lagers are much more cost-effective, but then they leave me with a gassy feeling. It's not too bad over the summer, but when it's cold outside I don't want to be stifling uncomfortable burps and hiccups.

Unfortunately the pub inwhich I work, and drink, has let slip on their ales lately as I've found nothing that I could start drinking regularly. In fact, in all honesty, I'd rather not drink cask ales there at all because I know how often they fuck them up, so I'm only left with John Smith's and Guinness.

Fuck it, I'll have Guinness tonight though.

hitachino.jpg

my favorite is the white ale..num num

I've only ever had the Lacto Sweet Stout, and it was good but insanely fizzy. Is the White Ale as fizzy, or was it just because of the added lactose?

Forgot I ingested a good deal of artisan ales from the Jolly Pumpkin brewery.... for those of you lambic peoples, I suggest you check them out. Though they aren't brewed primarily with fruit, you do, however, get the refreshing tart notes of lemon zest plus sour fruit taste due to barrel aging :

oro-tile.jpg

roja-tile.jpg

bambiere-tile.jpg

BAMNOIRE-tile.jpg

Archived