IGNORED

The obligatory Sunday evening

Blir

last night was the annual Toronto Nuit Blanche event which is "a free all-night contemporary art thing". there are hundreds of art exhibits/multimedia installations all over toronto that last until sunrise the next day. i started at 830pm with a bunch of people and saw almost everything. a lot of stuff was disappointing, not worth the trip, hard to find, not worth waiting in line for, or just stupid. there was also just an insane amount of people, crowds, and insanity. for a while we ended up following the newmindspace cupcake rave parade thing which is just a wandering mob of candy people and freaks following a rave truck playing horrible music while holding up traffic. think downtown techno viking

some of the better highlights:

- watching wealthy business people and celebrities play monopoly with their own REAL money. some guy landed on Park Place and had to pay up $1100

- a giant lite-brite that uses dyed plastic bottles as colors which i used to spell out messages only visible when you look at it far away

- hitting hipsters in the face with long skinny balloons as they walk through the 'balloon tunnel' that was set up on queen street

- taking a ton of free canned food from the 'shelter' event which was just tons and tons of cardboard boxes and canned food that you're supposed to build shelters with. i had a ton of fun jumping into the boxes and knocking stuff down, plus now i have food for a month

overall it was a lot of fun, but for the amount of hype involved for the event, it was definitely overrated.

more info: http://torontoist.com/2009/10/blanche_slate_nuit_blanche_live.php

http://www.scotiabanknuitblanche.ca/home.shtml

Guest JohnTqs

friday

-went to a jazz show to watch my friend play guitar. awesome drummer

-small party

-walk for an hour and a half in the rain at midnight with my friend and had a great conversation

saturday

-had awesome tea in the morning

-went to a pumpkin festival in afternoon with friends from party

-lunch with my cool lesbian aunts and great-aunt

-work

-into the city to hang with guitarist friend from friday

-got 12 hours of sleep

sunday

-read roald dahl for 2 hours

-worked on a few tunes

-jammed with other friend for an hour and then listened to Geogaddi

-This post

It was an OK weekend. I've been building up in my head how great my weekends will be lately. It helps me gets through the week but it's depressing when my weekend comes and it isn't as much fun as i built it up to be.

i had tuesday through friday off, so my weekend was quiet. when i have time off during the week, i feel the need to get fucked up because i normally can't on those days. as a result i got fucked up on those days and basically spent the weekend cleaning, gardening, and all that stuff because i was bored with getting wasted in the evening. my week was like the inverse of a normal week.

Archived