IGNORED

Australia is Racist

Guest Gary C

some of the comments in here from kakapo are faggoty and niggardly

I don't think it's a coincidence that the main instigators of the apartheid subforum are all white and from the deep south.

hey why dont you share that racist poetry you've been writing? i've always been really curious about that.

The racist poetry thread was posted in response to this thread here, as indicated:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/43577-how-often-do-you-make-a-thread-but-go-naaah-and-not-go-through-with-it/

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've met a few americans who have found it hard to undertsand that Ethnic Cleansing in the middle east is socially unacceptable.

I've heard recently from one serbian friend that there are people in Serbia who are still mad(furious), not because they led wars of aggression, but because they lost them! Ijj... :facepalm:

some of the comments in here from kakapo are faggoty and niggardly

I don't think it's a coincidence that the main instigators of the apartheid subforum are all white and from the deep south.

hey why dont you share that racist poetry you've been writing? i've always been really curious about that.

The racist poetry thread was posted in response to this thread here, as indicated:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/43577-how-often-do-you-make-a-thread-but-go-naaah-and-not-go-through-with-it/

ah ok, so having full context before shaking an insinuating finger is actually useful (as also demonstrated by mesh gear fox in this thread). go figure.

shit dude, nice new av, you are on a mission, much respect you thought-provoker, you.

Guest ezkerraldean

I've heard recently from one serbian friend that there are people in Serbia who are still mad(furious), not because they led wars of aggression, but because they lost them! Ijj... :facepalm:

ugh man, from my experience and everything i've heard, the entire serb nation seem to be massive uber-nationalistic cunts.

they need to fucking get over themselves and realise that their country is europe's biggest shit hole.

[/racism]

Hello again.

Apparently, Australia is in the news again. This time they've been racing midgets...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/6313803/Australian-dwarf-race-branded-an-embarrassment.html

Rob Hulls, the racing minister for the state of Victoria, has since condemned the stunt as unacceptable and "an embarrassment".

"I mean the Midgets' Cup for goodness sake. Having short-statured people jump on blokes' backs and fall over the finish line at race tracks is certainly no way of promoting this great Spring Carnival, right around the world, right around Australia and right throughout Victoria," he said.

Video to follow later, when I find time.

"Australia is racist"/"Australia is an embarrassment" seems to be a favourite for lazy non-news recently.

Lack of interest in the actual racism of the country may be overlooked for unfunny/funny clips on youtube. Because something happens on tv and is then posted on youtube it is now an interesting news story?

Worse racism/racist jokes happen every second on the internet.

But yeah this midget thing is not a controversy, consenting adults etc.

I've met a few australians who have found it hard to understand that the term 'wog' is socially unacceptable. On the whole though, most of the australians I know are lovely people.

This is because wog has a different meaning in Australia. I don't think I've actually heard anyone in real life say the word "Wog" but it usually is a racist term for Greek people, which Greek performers have taken back through films as "Wog Boy" etc.... by the time I was old enough and that film was made I think the word lost all its power... also by now being Greek is no longer a very negative thing.

Until I actually searched the UK meaning of wog I had never associated it with golliwog...

This is the equivalent of a bunch of black guys painting their faces white while wearing stupid wigs to mock-perform as The Scorpions and expect white people in general to be racially offended by that. Oh right no it isn't, since white people in general don't all look the same, or act alike, or listen to the same music or talk the same way therefor... no white person would take offense, lol pwnd.

If I were member of a race that took up only 5-10% of the population, and knew that most of the other 95-90% hardly ever made friends with, and often hardly made lengthy conversation with someone of my race; and I were aware of that people generally feel separate and often even uncomfortable with people racially different from themselves, and feel threatened by difference, and want to elevate themselves above those different from themselves; and I saw a television programme making a mockery out of my race, then, yes, I would be offended, I would feel misrepresented.

But I'm white. I'm a member of that 90-95%. If someone mocked that 90-95% I'd know all my coworkers and friends, mostly white, would see the plain falsity of that mockery. I wouldn't feel misrepresented. I wouldn't feel attacked. I wouldn't think others would be stupid enough to actually believe I'm like that. And I wouldn't suspect, because of that stupidity, that they may actually end up treating me like that, pushing me farther and farther down the social hierarchy.

*non-pwnd*

I understand you view point but your first mistake is thinking they're a defenseless minority who would get offended at every little thing and who still live in segregation as if they where in the States in 1900. Black history month Positive racism much? The only ones really offended by this are underachieving/overreacting blacks and whites who are too uncomfortable around blacks, constantly afraid that they might say something offensive. I don't get how it's ok to accuse an whole country of being racist for the act of 6 guys which only one was white while trying to defend black people, this is inverse racism, pure and simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxThgZcBKIc&feature=fvw

He seems to review himself in that skit which was what I was getting to in my first post, then see his correction ;) Even he saw he was wrong in jumping the gun too soon.

Now I'm not sure how popular this programme really is, and how many people actually watch it. Considering the Comic Sans font and generally terrible set, I assume it's low-key. But still... fuck you, Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dB6-uXvaNY

Harry Connick Jr. could have been forgiven for thinking appearing on the talent section of Australian TV show 'Hey Hey It's Saturday' would be a harmless affair -- perhaps a little teeth-grinding over some off-key singing, but nothing more serious than that.

Connick Jr., however, then had to sit through a performance by Jackson 5 tribute Jackson Jive, featuring a quintet of Aussie blokes wearing afro wigs and a Michael Jackson impersonator too -- and blacked up to complete the look.

considering that we're neither one preter-nationality here .. nor one personality .. fuck you for being anti-australianist ... or in the parlance of your simplistic vision ...

fuck you for being racist ..

plus anyone remember harry connick jr. doing a brown personation back in the gae ... height of hiphopcracy ...

or something ... i don't really give a fuck .. omg ... another thing to get angry about on the net omG ....

^

jesus christ australians are so racist

Yes this is true. I feel bad if you see inherent racism in my post.

Look up "aussie pride" and look at the poems and youtube videos that young white australians are creating. That is genuinely scary.

I am not sure what you saw in my post that was racist so I cannot begin to defend myself. I always felt I was the non racist one, but apologies if I am not.

In case I was ambiguous.. I am not defending, nor advocating these videos as non-racist... they are just videos that news sources think are easy news stories... My point was that much worse things are happening in australia all the time and the reason these other stories catch on are they are easy.

plus anyone remember harry connick jr. doing a brown personation back in the gae ... height of hiphopcracy ...

or something ... i don't really give a fuck .. omg ... another thing to get angry about on the net omG ....

are you thinking of robert downy jr?

^

jesus christ australians are so racist

Yes this is true. I feel bad if you see inherent racism in my post.

Look up "aussie pride" and look at the poems and youtube videos that young white australians are creating. That is genuinely scary.

I am not sure what you saw in my post that was racist so I cannot begin to defend myself. I always felt I was the non racist one, but apologies if I am not.

In case I was ambiguous.. I am not defending, nor advocating these videos as non-racist... they are just videos that news sources think are easy news stories... My point was that much worse things are happening in australia all the time and the reason these other stories catch on are they are easy.

lol i don't give a shit really mate...i'm notoriously un-PC.

Archived