IGNORED

the VEHICLE thread

Guest Franklin

Guest abusivegeorge

Been doing some track days in this over the summer:

full.jpg

2004 MG ZS 180, 2.5 V6 190 HP, weighs 1 kilo over the tonne. Won pride of ownership and concourse at MG live 2 years in a row. MG has to be the most underrated, underestimated British sports car company in terms of performance.

L7 FCX

Luton Town Football Club X ;-)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haven't even fucking got a bike

the closest i've come to having a car was on friday, someone thought a car was mine. i was out the back at work having a smoke and an african dude thought the black honda civic parked there was my car. when i said no, it's [dude]'s he said "the guy in white?", "yeah.", "i thought it was yours to match your black suit", n i said "yeah it should be mine!", we laughed

so yeah

Guest Ron Manager

1998 VW Golf mk4. 188000 miles. Had it for 18 months, no problems at all really. Great car.

Edit: SDI non-turbo diesel. 60 HP or something. But it's a tank.

Guest Glass Plate

Any one use Fuelly?

you can add me:

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/nopomo

also, incase you don't go to the link I have a 92 GEO TRACKER. YES. IDM.

The Geo Tracker and the Suzuki Vitara where basically the same car, awesome fun, but the Geo was far more IDM.

Several cars came off the spring board but the Suzuki Sidekick is the most identical to GEO. There's others too like the sunrunner, escudo and samurai.

Guest abusivegeorge

Any one use Fuelly?

you can add me:

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/nopomo

also, incase you don't go to the link I have a 92 GEO TRACKER. YES. IDM.

The Geo Tracker and the Suzuki Vitara where basically the same car, awesome fun, but the Geo was far more IDM.

Several cars came off the spring board but the Suzuki Sidekick is the most identical to GEO. There's others too like the sunrunner, escudo and samurai.

Yeah I have just researched, I had no idea the other models existed they're all basically the same car :-). Vitara - Europe, Sidekick - South America, Escudo - North America, Santana - Spain, Sunrunner - Canada.

The Samurai was the predecessor to all of these models. I have no idea why they must give every car a different name in different countries, anyway yeah the GEO was a badged Sidekick. Great fun to drive, and obviously quite reliable!

Guest Glass Plate

About to be tuning it up trying to get better mileage. I'm going ahead and replacing the timing belt, replacing most of the gaskets (the head gasket was giving an oil leak issue). Hope to replace air and fuel filters, replace all the fluids, new sparks. I've been told sea foam while doing all this could be good, I agree for a car with as high mileage as this I will learn how to properly do it. (first car in a long time). Though I've also heard people say doing SEA FOAM this late in the game could fuck shit up. I'm trying to think of some other basic maintenance things I can do for this baby.

Guest abusivegeorge

About to be tuning it up trying to get better mileage. I'm going ahead and replacing the timing belt, replacing most of the gaskets (the head gasket was giving an oil leak issue). Hope to replace air and fuel filters, replace all the fluids, new sparks. I've been told sea foam while doing all this could be good, I agree for a car with as high mileage as this I will learn how to properly do it. (first car in a long time). Though I've also heard people say doing SEA FOAM this late in the game could fuck shit up. I'm trying to think of some other basic maintenance things I can do for this baby.

My experience with sea foam is 0% unfortunately, after research the results seem to be 50/50, mainly older cars with the problems, so it may be worth giving it a miss, all depends how you feel. I can't think of any other maintenance steps apart from the ones you've already mentioned, the brake and gearbox fluid changes will do it the world of good.

There are 3 main investments a person makes in life, financially, that is. The first is the home/house and the 2nd/3rd are considered to be a wedding and a car, not necessarily in the order. Makes sense that a little TLC wouldn't go a miss to securing your investments, any engine will run for a long time with the right care, good luck with it dude!

Guest Ron Manager

Oh man a turbo diesel manual golf would be a dream boat. fuckin like seven million miles to the gallon.

Frankly I think my SDI gets more than a TDI because it's basically impossible to rag it. Economy on my car is incredible, gets about 50 miles to the gallon. And it's 14 years old with almost 200k miles...

So I drive a 2000 Volvo S70, was thinking of upgrading to a newer VW Jetta TDI, but the debt I would incur is kinda scary. Now I'm thinking of saving a bit more and maybe looking into an older, albeit less mileage Volvo. I have a serious thing for Volvos. A mint condition 240 is a dream of mine.

Guest Franklin

used to use fuelly myself but switched to "acar" which, at least at the time i switched, had a lot more tracking functions.

can't socially integrate that one tho cause like that's so 2012

Archived