IGNORED

new weezer

vamos scorcho

they've been on a steady decline since the green album.

tried to like the red album but i find it to be too comical. can't think that the new album won't be any different.

whatever rivers did to make the music special whenever weezer first came out, it seems to have been stripped for something with less punch and more ridiculousness.

that said, i really hope they'd strike back and surprise me with a good album again, but i'm not optimistic

green/maladroit/make believe are all pretty excellent pop albums (in that order with the first being the best)

some great fun music

red is hard to explain but i loved it for a while

the new one is like blue green maladroit and make believe mixed together. some terrible moments but mostly their best sounding pop music in a long time

well as long as the don't do that whole "greatest man that ever lived" kind of crap. i think that may be one of the worst songs in recorded history. i understand the idea of using a central musical theme played in different styles and whatever, but it ends up like a mismatched pastiche where none of the separate parts are even great alone, much less mixed together.

but either way, will check it out. the pop elements were nearly non-existent in the red album, and i want them back

Guest nene multiple assgasms

The debut was the only one I've ever cared for. They've been a parody of themselves since.

no, man. pinkerton is awesome.

Yeah, Pinkerton FTW. I've liked everything they've done quite a bit, with the exception of Make Believe, which still isn't as terrible as most make it out to be. But the descriptions I've read regarding this album have me a bit weary. I think I'm going to listen to this one before buying.

they won't ever come close to pinkerton again. when maladroit came out i stopped listening to them. green was ok, but nothing to get excited about.

i remember in highmiddle school when i wore a weezer shirt, everyone was like "wtf is weezer?" true story

Archived