comes near and enters because the body is overwhelmed

and not able to protect itself in it's normal fashion

with its full immune system, the bodies safety mechanism

then is to push out as much toxic material and quickly

as it can so that it can fight the virus. Thats whats

gong on when we get sick and cough and sneeze,

diarrhea and sick stomach or whatever. the body goes

on super elimination mode.

clean system=extra time for the body to overachieve.

unfortunately most of us never give it enough time to

think past what it has to do to survive.

water is very important ...and the purity of it.

they say to drink half your bodyweight in ounces every day

of good clean water. for me that is about 70oz that i drink a day.

makes me feel great, and no sickies :smile:

Interesting Topic Fred :smile:

you only weigh 140oz? what are you, a pixie?

unless your fucking with me (which is not a far fetched idea)

then ....you convert your body weight into ounces and then

cut that figure in half to find the amount of water the human

body needs to consume to run optimally on any given day.

(this changes a bit if say....you eat watermelon all day or

anything extremely watery, then obviously you would want to

adjust your water intake and guesstimate accordingly.)

(yes i weigh 145lbs and yes i'm not a pixie (or at least i don't think i'm not)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

lmao@Fred's image post...but yeah, I am totally down with the NeilMed sinus rinse thingy.

Every doctor I've seen in the last few years has recommended it fully and without reservation.

i just picked one up the other day. i was skeptical about running salt water through my nose, as I've never enjoyed swimming in the ocean for that very reason... but if you do it right, you don't get that stingy sensation at all. also long as you keep your head tilted forward, and do it slowly enough so that you don't flood your nose, it will stay in the nostrils, and avoid leaking into the throat (which is when its uncomfortable).

anyways... yes... I like this. I've been paranoid about catching colds/flus lately since I deal with the public so much, so at any sign of feeling odd, or stuffed up... I do a neti session.

and oil of oregano.

i just picked one up the other day. i was skeptical about running salt water through my nose, as I've never enjoyed swimming in the ocean for that very reason... but if you do it right, you don't get that stingy sensation at all. also long as you keep your head tilted forward, and do it slowly enough so that you don't flood your nose, it will stay in the nostrils, and avoid leaking into the throat (which is when its uncomfortable).

anyways... yes... I like this. I've been paranoid about catching colds/flus lately since I deal with the public so much, so at any sign of feeling odd, or stuffed up... I do a neti session.

and oil of oregano.

Oregamax will kick the shit out of anything it seems.

oregamax1.gif

Yes, please. This sounds awesome. I've been choking on mucus for two weeks now. My morning blow-out of snot in the shower just isn't working.

Oh, and I just dripped saline solution into my eye. Is there anything salty water can't do?

and oil of oregano.

Oregamax will kick the shit out of anything it seems.

54.jpg

dear troon,

you are everything that is wrong with society today

not only do you believe in crappy pseudoscience,

you spread it, like a m i s i n f o r m a t i o n v i r u s

with a bit of luck, come the rapture, zombie carl sagan will get you.

love, david

wild oregano is known to be a natural antibiotic and antivirual substance.

not arguing with that, what i object to is the apparent lack of reasoning, empiricism, and the general reek of hippy bullshit.

Guest Glass Plate

My mom swears by this process, she has really bad allergies and does this regularly while in the shower, and she bought me a set and a few other people in the family who get allergies a lot.

First time I tried it, it felt great at first, then I got really sick the next day and I feel like it's because my snot/flem/etc. is a natural barrier from sickness inducing germs, and I have tried doing it again.

not arguing with that, what i object to is the apparent lack of reasoning, empiricism, and the general reek of hippy bullshit.

I'm not following... are you taking issue with this have any beneficial effects... or just troons endorsement?

i see this as just a fad and an extension of the navel-gazing tendency in the west right now. Hey, let's wash out our colons! Hey, let's wash out our sinuses! Our bodies evolved the way they are for a reason. Our mouth is filled with toxic substances. Our nose and ears have hairs, wax, and snot to trap foreign objects. Feces comes out of your anus. You will die some day. Deal with it, don't be a hypochondriac.

On the other hand, saline probably won't do much damage, so knock yourself out.

I'm not following... are you taking issue with this have any beneficial effects... or just troons endorsement?

let's look at two different approaches:

1. this is good because in test A, subject 1 displayed benefits a, b, and c vs. subject 2 who took a placebo. this was observable in x percent of the sample base.

2. this is good because it's "natural" and therefore good. correlation implies causation. i'm a really irritating hippy.

let's look at two different approaches:

1. this is good because in test A, subject 1 displayed benefits a, b, and c vs. subject 2 who took a placebo. this was observable in x percent of the sample base.

2. this is good because it's "natural" and therefore good. correlation implies causation. i'm a really irritating hippy.

but you already said you weren't arguing with wild oregano being known as a natural antibiotic and antiviral substance... that's what confused me.

i said i use it. troon said yeah, it seems to help a lot. you said he was x number of negatives, and then you said you werent arguing with me, but then you said all these things that make it sound like you were arguing with what i said.

hence the confusion.

this is getting way too intense for me... imma go do a nasal rinse.

i see this as just a fad and an extension of the navel-gazing tendency in the west right now. Hey, let's wash out our colons! Hey, let's wash out our sinuses! Our bodies evolved the way they are for a reason. Our mouth is filled with toxic substances. Our nose and ears have hairs, wax, and snot to trap foreign objects. Feces comes out of your anus. You will die some day. Deal with it, don't be a hypochondriac.

On the other hand, saline probably won't do much damage, so knock yourself out.

spoken like someone who does not understand the anguish of choking on one's own muke on a nightly basis.. . something about the dryness or elevation or pollen content or amount of beer i drink or whatever is going on here in denver, but i am drowning in muke and have been doing so for well over a year. this "fad" is a godsend. just finished treated myself again tonight. i smell dead people.

lol, sorry my bad for presuming. I was going by an old co-worker of mine who loved nettipots. He also regularly did a grapefruit juice and honey "cleansing diet" and didn't like anyone touching his desk. He was a peculiar sort of narcissist: he was near albino, would only date girls who were near albino like he was, and had a hairless cat that looked just like him.

there is certainly a culture of over purifying ones own bodies... a pretty big culture here in SF. I do think at a certain level, it is useless, and only fulfilling an OCD need.

but like all things.... moderation, and in the right context.

there is certainly a culture of over purifying ones own bodies... a pretty big culture here in SF. I do think at a certain level, it is useless, and only fulfilling an OCD need.

but like all things.... moderation, and in the right context.

I can't tell you how overjoyed I am to get away from all that - being born in Berkeley, going to school in Santa Cruz, and spending most of my professional life in San Francisco, I had more than my fill. The level of navel-gazing in the SF bay area is truly astonishing and soul-deadening. Now I can drink melamine tainted milk and screw filthy hookers, thank Mao!

yeah, i can see how growing up with that would be annoying as shit.

but like i said, I do think there is a fair amount of legit stuff... its just that those people go psycho with it.

Archived