IGNORED

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Guest Alex C

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my friend works for activision and he says every time a new COD world war II game comes out there is always a group of developers who try to push a 'play as a nazi' mission but without fail they will not allow it.

i barely have played them so maybe this is now changed, but i find it interesting that it's still 'too soon' to let you play as anybody besides the russians, americans and british. I think it's only a recent development they let you play as a Russian, before that was even considered controversial

you can play as Germans in the Day of Defeat series :)

dod started as a mod .. so you didn't have those pesky management types around with their incessant pandering to everyone but the dev team ..

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Third person mode playlists are a nice change, the gun models are all fucking wicked and I dig all the mega amounts of shit they added. My expectations have been exceeded.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Left 4 Dead 1.5 is good but lacks the long boner addiction of infinity ward call of duty, my grandchildren

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Left 4 Dead 1.5 is good but lacks the long boner addiction of infinity ward call of duty, my grandchildren

Yeah, it's not a massive upgrade from the first , but...it's still addictive as fuck . Judging by the demo of L4D2...it will be better than L4D .

And I never played any Call Of Duty's , but...Modern Warfare 2 looks like an epic beast .

Am I the only person who doesn't like Call of Duty?

I've never played an incarnation of it, Dan. But I've also never heard a bad word about these games, and know that I'd go ga-ga for some realistic warfare shit.

LOL, it's a really good thing I didn't fuck around with my DVD drive a couple of days ago as I just received the red-rings... :ohmy:

How stable are the Xbox's after repair? I don't want this shit to happen again outside of warranty.

How stable are the Xbox's after repair? I don't want this shit to happen again outside of warranty.

Mine is broken after a rrod repair. The dvd drive won't read anything and if it actually does it just shuts the console off. I plan on picking up another one very soon.

I can't wait to play MW2. I never played the first one, but seeing this new one gave me a boner.

Guest assegai

Am I the only person who doesn't like Call of Duty?

Nope.. after the first two, they just kinda............................

I never played and didn't really have interest in 1,2 or 3 but Modern Warefare is awesome...

Also, just started on MW:2 and it looks like it could actually be more awesome.

Give it a shot.

Does MW2 have split screen coop?

I was disappointed that the first one didn't.

CoD 4: Modern Warfare has 4 player split screen, as has previous CoDs...

my friend works for activision and he says every time a new COD world war II game comes out there is always a group of developers who try to push a 'play as a nazi' mission but without fail they will not allow it.

i barely have played them so maybe this is now changed, but i find it interesting that it's still 'too soon' to let you play as anybody besides the russians, americans and british. I think it's only a recent development they let you play as a Russian, before that was even considered controversial

Well, in this one you are a CIA operative infiltrating a terrorist organization and you've gotta kill civilians under orders from the terrorists... that's just as bad as being a Nazi, I guess.

I don't know what's so bad about playing as Nazis - it was the upper ranks who ordered and in most cases committed the atrocities - the Germans who served as soldiers under the Third Reich were just doing their job - those who committed war crimes (under orders or not) are the real animals.

Mine is broken after a rrod repair. The dvd drive won't read anything and if it actually does it just shuts the console off. I plan on picking up another one very soon.

I can't wait to play MW2. I never played the first one, but seeing this new one gave me a boner.

Get the PS3 version, save your cash and more RROD worries.

Archived