IGNORED

Phat Lab. Nightmare

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

only just listened to this the other day and holy shit it's awesome shit.

i think a few/lot of people have been in agreement that his recent out hasn't been as strong, although i still enjoy the hell out of it. but when you take stuff like this, plug and his work with jeremy simmonds, this dude was just so much more awesome and creative(/inspired?) in the 90s.

i have no idea why but i want to listen to it at 5 in the morning after a sleepless all nighter.

i think vibert should make an album of it.

Sounds very similar to Weirs, must have been made using a similar setup - lots of 606 and weird woozy monophonic scales wandering across the stereo field. My favorite track is Mahadelic, probably the most mellow Vibert has ever been with that pseudo tribal beat and slowly whining synth. Reminds me a little of Weathered Stone from SAWII. Am I right in saying that he sold himself to the label by saying he'd make an ambient album (cause it was all the rage at the time) but didn't really make ambient music, so had to kind of wing it. The album has a kind of seat of its pants charm because of this.

Guest bitroast

hahaha really? that's hilarious.

yeah, at first i thought it was an ambient album, but once the drums kick in at around the third track ti kinda just turns into.. something else. i dunno, just an odd really drawn out quirky vibert album.

i love the title track and Aerhaart; Barrier.

it's OK. nothing amazing but impressive perhaps that this was his first album... (it was wasn't it?_) anyway, it's by no means bad, just that he has definitely grown as a musician since releasing phatlab

• 1 year later...

Archived