IGNORED

Magnolia - the film

lumpenprol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't even remember what happens in the movie. I just remember a certain "feeling" i get from it. Some kind of raw wonder, or emotion, or atmosphere that drives the whole thing. Pretty much occupies the same space of love for movies that molholland drive does. I LOVE the atmosphere of molholland drive. Just so consuming and beautiful.

wow you put mulholland dr. and magnolia... :facepalm: fuck me.

i don't even remember what happens in the movie. I just remember a certain "feeling" i get from it. Some kind of raw wonder, or emotion, or atmosphere that drives the whole thing. Pretty much occupies the same space of love for movies that molholland drive does. I LOVE the atmosphere of molholland drive. Just so consuming and beautiful.

wow you put mulholland dr. and magnolia... :facepalm: fuck me.

my point is that film is an experience for me more than anything. I don't get hung up on things like what the film is trying to "teach you" or the naive assumptions that are made. also i'm not sure what you are facepalming but yes they are drasticly different but also both engaging movies, molhalland drive is much better.

I get the impression that everybody in this thread who is slagging off magnolia is too young to have experienced life and the emotional turmoil that it brings and has therefore not developed any sense of empathy or any form of emotional maturity, other than being a whiney teenage pussy faggot.

I think it's quite the opposite - a lot of Magnolia strikes me as the sort of half-baked "insight" someone in their teens/early twenties would have about relationships and adults. "All adults are basically children with layers of delusion and pain caked on top, all it takes is extreme emotional duress to let their childlike goodness shine forth again." The whole film is pitched in too melodramatic a key for my liking. Do we really need 1 hour to teach us that parents that push their children too hard should give them more space to "just be kids"?

+1 truth be here.

Archived