IGNORED

100 greatest quotes from THE WIRE

keltoi

the wire is one of the greatest shows I've ever seen and I love how complex the storyline is, the way all of the characters are spot on and pretty much all of them are extremely memorable. Some scenes involving the gangs and the streets and drug deals are clearly hollywood-ized though. Probably what pissed me off the most about that is when they would have dudes yelling out for ppl to buy their drugs. ("WMD's! Got your WMD's here!") NOBODY does that! Why would you stand on the corner and repeatedly verbally admit to dealing drugs? Fucking retarded!

Besides that though this show is phenomenal

totally :)

the wire is the best tv show i've ever experienced and i don't care how middle class, white or guardian-reading that makes me.

totally :)

the wire is the best tv show i've ever experienced and i don't care how middle class, white or guardian-reading that makes me.

hahaha.

na the wire is great, the point about the characters being memorable is spot on, my friends and I know exactly who/what we're on about when one of us will shout something on the top of our voices in a baltimore accent, when drunk of course. how middle class and white is that then?

the sopranos is fucking brilliant too.

fuck all the haters, you're focusing on the wrong elements.

lol i was really hoping this was about the magazine as well

i have to agree with ludd. just watching this compilation shows how bad some of the writing is on the show, especially relating to dialogue. it's an entertaining show, but it's also very overrated.

I 'm currently stuck at season 4. I dont want to start with se 5 just like that, knowing its gonna be the end afterwards. So now I 'm rewatching the previous episodes and I've finished Homicide recently.

Thanks to watmm i just found this gem. On season 2 right now. It's a little slow at times but highly enjoyable, realistic and fun. I like how there's no good guy, everyone's got their demons.

Bastards killed D'angelo!

the wire is one of the greatest shows I've ever seen and I love how complex the storyline is, the way all of the characters are spot on and pretty much all of them are extremely memorable. Some scenes involving the gangs and the streets and drug deals are clearly hollywood-ized though. Probably what pissed me off the most about that is when they would have dudes yelling out for ppl to buy their drugs. ("WMD's! Got your WMD's here!") NOBODY does that! Why would you stand on the corner and repeatedly verbally admit to dealing drugs? Fucking retarded!

Besides that though this show is phenomenal

I live in Vancouver's lower east side and people yell out "Rocks, weed and speed!" all the fucking time. Actually, my neighbourhood is a lot like Hamsterdam.

Ottawa's hard like a mafucka, mafucka.

Also, I think that part of it is that everyone knows they're selling but they can't conceivably bust every last one of them, it's a waste of time. The equivalent of a cop choosing whether or not to stop everyone going ten over the speed limit.

Archived