IGNORED

100 greatest quotes from THE WIRE

keltoi

i remember a year or two ago i slagged off the wire as just another american tv bullshit import after suffering some serious fatigue from lazy half arsed US drama filling the UK tv schedule instead of us producing some decent home grown tv worth watching for a change... but i'm taking it back and eating a fat slice of humble pie with humble cream and humble sprinkles...

i decided to give it a chance when i saw my mate had the complete set on dvd, i'm now half way through season 4 and loving it... totally and utterly hooked watching 2 episodes on week nights for the last 2/3 weeks.

omar = legend.

anyway there's some golden quotage here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sgj78QG9Bg&feature=player_embedded

The wire is over rated and will come across as cheesy, in a few years, as tarantinos "gritty and realistic" dialogue does now.

I was hoping this was going to be a thread of classic bloated pretentious bullshit espoused by The Wire magazine.

franklin, there are some.

you're a glass is half empty kind of guy eh?

I was hoping this was going to be a thread of classic bloated pretentious bullshit espoused by The Wire magazine.

i'd watch this youtube

The smugly superior guardian reading middle classes love the wire because it gives some illusion of edge to their dull ordinary suburban lives. For that 60 minutes a week when they are cool and get to hang out with their gritty cop buddies and get a glimpse into the world of "realistic" homicide and drug deals. It is no less a waste of time than watching lost or x factor.

oh god ludd, you're right. that's exactly why i've watched all of the shield, i'm upping my telly game. vic mackey is a man's man, a family man, a man who doesn't take any shit off no whiny liberal poofters (or negroes and mexicans for that matter). salt of the earth mate. the wire is for homo panini eaters.

The smugly superior guardian reading middle classes love the wire because it gives some illusion of edge to their dull ordinary suburban lives. For that 60 minutes a week when they are cool and get to hang out with their gritty cop buddies and get a glimpse into the world of "realistic" homicide and drug deals. It is no less a waste of time than watching lost or x factor.

dunno it's kind of entertaining though

The wire is over rated and will come across as cheesy, in a few years, as tarantinos "gritty and realistic" dialogue does now.

As resistant as I am to agree with you on The Wire's shelf-life, I was hoping for the exact same bloated pretentious bullshit when I opened this thread, lol

now sopranos i agree on. i could never get into it despite the whole planet tongueing it's ring. i blame sopranos for me being presumptious about the wire

i tried to start watching this but it had too much of those annoying musical ditties that try to accentuate everything happening on screen.

fuck the sopranos; fuck yeah let's paint tv

i think i got my bases covered in here...aaaand that's all from me, everybody. enjoy the remainder of the thread.

Archived