IGNORED

my fiance left me

Guest petr

Guest abusivegeorge

Helped me to have the most spiritual experience of my life and undergo a complete psychic change. Along with the programme of AA of course.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

Helped me to have the most spiritual experience of my life and undergo a complete psychic change. Along with the programme of AA of course.

good to hear!

Thanks Brian :).

when you move to LA..hit me up

please don't take offense - im not trying to be a bitch, but i think we are two very different people with two very different outlooks and lives and maybe you would not the be the best influence for the life i am trying to live :(

the woman said she wants to be clean, sober and fighting depression.

weed often bragged about being horrid drunk days and days in a row, had a DUI, among other things.

this isn't a catfight, its common sense.

the woman said she wants to be clean, sober and fighting depression.

weed often bragged about being horrid drunk days and days in a row, had a DUI, among other things.

this isn't a catfight, its common sense.

thank you

i have nothing against you weed, i just think we are too different to hang out

read this

The%20Power%20of%20Now.jpg

the problem is that you identify with your ego. just read the book. it can change your life, like it did for thousands of people. it's no hippie bullshit

This is truth, the first book I read along with the big book when I came into recovery from alcoholism. All about living in the moment. Fantastic.

thirded. this is the book that made me decide that if hippie bullshit can make me less crazy, and even happy, i love hippie bullshit. though as the man said, it's all common sense stuff.

also, just started formally studying meditation - it is so hard for me, with everything going on in my head, but i know it's going to help me (and the people around me) even more. plus buddhists are really nice. +1 buddhists.

Guest abusivegeorge

I find studying meditiation did me no good, because then I was trying to do stuff I had been told/heard/read. Now I just sit either in silence, or with some meditiation/ambient music playing softly in the background, and I can either visually meditiate scenarios in my head, or I just concentrate on my breathing. Either sat on my bed with my legs crossed or sat up straight with both feet flat on the floor and the palms of my hands on my thighs :).

I second the 'Tao Teh Ching' suggestion....

the penguin books version is a fine...

or one translated by D C Lau...

or this one

http://books.google.com/books?id=PbTsQf1n8z4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=tao+teh+ching#v=onepage&q=tao%20teh%20ching&f=false

exceptionally old and enlightening hippie bullshit!

when you move to LA..hit me up

please don't take offense - im not trying to be a bitch, but i think we are two very different people with two very different outlooks and lives and maybe you would not the be the best influence for the life i am trying to live :(

alright, sure very different people with similar interests. didn't mean to make you write a two line response, i apologize for my inconvenience

I haven't read Eckart's book but heard only good things about it.

I find studying meditiation did me no good, because then I was trying to do stuff I had been told/heard/read. Now I just sit either in silence, or with some meditiation/ambient music playing softly in the background, and I can either visually meditiate scenarios in my head, or I just concentrate on my breathing. Either sat on my bed with my legs crossed or sat up straight with both feet flat on the floor and the palms of my hands on my thighs :).

i totally agree. meditation is a practice, not a theory. that said, it takes years and years to perfect, but in the process it utterly transforms you..

• 5 months later...

Archived